• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

where do all those pokemon go when we release them

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I always thought about that and wondered. Say you were breeding Zangoose for the perfect one. You breed 50 of them, and then release every single one. What happens to all the Seviper? Do they all get eaten?!

OranBerry

Novice trainer
    Years
  • Well naturaly they would go back into the wild but what if it got used to being domesticated? Imagen having to go back to the wild all on your own...really makes you think

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It begins with the letter "S" and ends with the word, "house" and there's "laughter" in the middle. ;P

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • There once was a group of people that breeded a seal for 10 years, and when they finally set it out into the wild it got eaten by a killer whale. (true story)

So there you have it...they get eaten by Wailords.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I always thought they get released back into the wild again.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Actually when you release a Pokemon from your game you are actually deleting Pokemon and they cannot be retrieved. ETC legendaries for example. Once they are gone they are gone forever unless you clone them before tossing or you start over by formatting your game from the way it was brand new.:)

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    They are released in the wild, and the legends don't want to see you ever again :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think the released Pokemon go back to the wild. But do their levels go back to their originals (the level you caught it at) when you release them?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I had always hoped that the Pokemon franchise would have made this feature a bit more interesting...

I've always thought it would be neat if the Pokemon you release into the wild really did go back into the wild, but with it's stats intact. Obviously, there would be a limit to the number that would do this, but it would have been a neat hidden feature to randomly have a chance to encounter an old friend, or see another Pokemon Trainer NPC with it. =P

I had always hoped that the Pokemon franchise would have made this feature a bit more interesting...

I've always thought it would be neat if the Pokemon you release into the wild really did go back into the wild, but with it's stats intact. Obviously, there would be a limit to the number that would do this, but it would have been a neat hidden feature to randomly have a chance to encounter an old friend, or see another Pokemon Trainer NPC with it. =P

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • If I release a Pokemon, I do it in the city next to the route I caught it on, or if it was bred, next to where a lot of those Pokemon are found in the wild. I can't bear the thought that they have to travel half the region to get 'home' lol

Years
  • They get sent back to the wild.

When I was younger, I always thought that we could encounter that same pokemon again xD

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I've always thought they just go back to the wild. I only remember releasing one Pokemon when I first got into the Pokemon games. Just out of curiousity of what would happen.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Agree with the poster above me. ^

Besides the Pokemon going to the wild again, maybe they could get caught by other trainers again. In technical terms, they just get deleted. xD

Back