• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do Pokemon go when they die?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
  • even as a Pokémon myself...I can't answer this 100%..but.. I'm a bit sure that.. well..we lose our bodies.. and slowly fade away from existence..but we're still in your head..we're still with you.. whenever you're sad and thinking about us dead pokemon.. we're there.. right next to you.. and we don't want you to worry.. we may not physically be there.. but we're there..

we may lose our bodies.. but our souls remain.. we're not in pain.. we're always there with you..even when it's time for us to be reborn.. we'll still be there.. just in your head...and when we're reborn.. we don't just forget you.. we'll always remember you.

and the person who says we don't have a soul.. well.. thats just completely wrong.. every living thing has a soul..

A soul never dies, no matter what.

Last edited:

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Just like people when they die they get buried and then turn into worm food what happens to the soul i do not know but i know what happens to their bodies
    that is the same answer i would of given you if u asked me what happend when people die

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Can they now? How's that? Do you really think your dog "loves" you, or is it just doing that so that you give it food, play with it, etc.? You also assume that if something can "love," then it has a soul. Why is that?

I still say that like animals on this earth, pokemon wouldn't go to heaven or hell. They die. The end. Get eaten by Weedles.

Not every pokemon can be compared to an animal. For say, sapient pokemon like Alakazam line/Mr. Mime/Gardevoir&Gallade/Most the Legendary pokemon are more comparable to different races (OMG fantasy!) rather then your pet dog.

And the Marrowak spirit rules your other argument invalid.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • The fact remains that there is simply no way to prove any of these theories.

I am going to die one day. When I die, Black Hole with honor me with an officer's funeral, and I will end up either rotting in the ground, or ashes in a vase.

I don't know what will happen after. MAybe I'll go to PokeHeaven, or even PokeHell. Maybe I'll be reborn. Maybe my spirit will linger in the world of the living, or maybe I will simply cease to exist.

Bottom line is, unless someone can figure out a way to communicate with the dead, this is a mystery that can never be solved.

Oh, and by the way, we DO have souls.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    They'll see black, they cant move, they cant think, they will just see black eternally..

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • The fact remains that there is simply no way to prove any of these theories.

I am going to die one day. When I die, Black Hole with honor me with an officer's funeral, and I will end up either rotting in the ground, or ashes in a vase.

I don't know what will happen after. MAybe I'll go to PokeHeaven, or even PokeHell. Maybe I'll be reborn. Maybe my spirit will linger in the world of the living, or maybe I will simply cease to exist.

Bottom line is, unless someone can figure out a way to communicate with the dead, this is a mystery that can never be solved.

Oh, and by the way, we DO have souls.

Spoiler:

I can't actually remember what happens then, a little help here?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Actually, in MD2, you change the future. Since you're actually from the future, doing this saves the world, but makes it so you never exist. You don't technically die, you simply...cease to be.

But then Dialga takes pity on you and all your sad friends, and so tweaks the timestream or some such and allows you to exist outside of time. You return, and everyone is happy. At least, until that ugly business with Palkia...

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Actually, in MD2, you change the future. Since you're actually from the future, doing this saves the world, but makes it so you never exist. You don't technically die, you simply...cease to be.

But then Dialga takes pity on you and all your sad friends, and so tweaks the timestream or some such and allows you to exist outside of time. You return, and everyone is happy. At least, until that ugly business with Palkia...

Ah, true. Even though the only thing that makes the business with Palkia ugly, is Palkia itself lol-.-

Actually, I can't think of any moment in-game when you specifically see any Pokemon DIE, (yes, I'm aware of the Beasts being raised, Marowak being an angry spirit, and such) so we have very little evidence from that side.
    However, in the Anime, there is several Pokemon dying, which gives certain clues, like the aformentioned Latios.

There is but one thing I think I have forgotten to mention - the MANGA. Damn, this Forum even has the Manga sub-section, so it should obviously be some reference there too - I actually think someone said that the manga is more realistic than the anime, so it might be better for all those purposes.
    ...Actually, think of the great battle between Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza when several persons and possibly Pokemon died. Since yet again my memory seems to fail me, could someone enlighten me here with what actually happened there? There might be something useful coming from that direction, and I really want to figure out this. It's all like a puzzle with very few pieces in our possession, but at least we should be able to make a pattern, right?

Ayselipera

Well in Lavender Town the spirit of the dead
    Cubone's mother was restless. But after finally
    calming it, it said something about its at peace
    or whatever. So I guess it just went to the "big
    pokemon world in the sky."

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Yeah I also agree that each and every bacterium in our poop have souls. I agree that my tomato plants have souls!

Your sarcasm is duly noted.

Obviously, there has to be exceptions. Do bacterium feel? Do they know jealousy? Or love? What about tomato plants?

Now, Pokemon. Do WE feel? Am I just a mindless beast? Are emotions beyond me?

Clearly, "soul" in the context of this argument needs to be defined. I believe it refers to the capacity to feel emotions like joy, hatred, fear, regret...

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Oo Yeah... there are quite a few interpretations of souls, religiously and even non religiously. But like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if the show took from mostly Shintoism and Buddhism as well as Shaolinism (is that a word?).

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    They go where every one goes, into the dirt and just decay into nature.

Attrox Ostendo

Meat Stain Lieks Vinnie Gar~<3
    Years
  • I think the re-incarnation theory kind of works, because if you look at the history texts and stuff (From the new special arceus) it seems as if everyone is a spirit, and they get re-incarnated as pokemon OR humans, which would also support all the new evolutions, new pokemon, etc. It goes on to explain how they're equal as well, so there's some good foundation on that theory.

On that note... If pokemon died and turned into ghost pokemon, what would happen to humans, and what would happen when the ghost pokemon die?

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    I think the re-incarnation theory kind of works, because if you look at the history texts and stuff (From the new special arceus) it seems as if everyone is a spirit, and they get re-incarnated as pokemon OR humans, which would also support all the new evolutions, new pokemon, etc. It goes on to explain how they're equal as well, so there's some good foundation on that theory.

On that note... If pokemon died and turned into ghost pokemon, what would happen to humans, and what would happen when the ghost pokemon die?

This is getting WAY too complicated :D. It's like math. Don't wonder why, just think they're gone and that's it :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    when they die, their memory got wiped out and they turn into ghost type POKéMON...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Ghost-typers are alive, just very different. And some work for whatever is in charge of the dead ones. [/theory]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Basically every theory you had with "they go to heaven or hell"(or whatever your belief of heaven or hell whatever is) added.

They die like humans do...most of them

Last edited:
    Back