• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Sign this thread has lots of flaming...
    On topic:I think we could get a better idea on what it's based on if Isshu showed what was north...each of the places we have mentioned has different things north of them, that could end the debate...though I doubt we will be able to see it...maybe gen 6 will be north of there and we could end this debate :)

Or there will be nothing accessible to the north, like how there is nothing accessible to the north of Kanto and Johto.

I think there might be a kind of Sevii Island adventure (no, I am not saying you will go there) in Isshu because there is an airport..

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I think there might be a kind of Sevii Island adventure (no, I am not saying you will go there) in Isshu because there is an airport..

A sevii island thing would be cool. Maybe if not in B/W, maybe in the 3rd game? But Ishuu looks a little isolated. To the north is all very thick forest, and on either side is mountains. I don't see a connected region that likely, but maybe in Gen 6 you could travel back. Maybe that's cus if the shape is based off a single city, think how long it will take to fill more area close to it. They could just pick more cities from (I'll use my opinion) America. Or China if it is Shanghai.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    hahaha, yeah maybe they started to copy digimons instead digimon copying pokemon :D (giggle)
    -machinedramon looks cool!

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Or there will be nothing accessible to the north, like how there is nothing accessible to the north of Kanto and Johto.
    true, but the west of kanto became accessible and became johto, it's not like it's a set thing that north is the unknown.

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
    You wouldn't happen to know anyonw from shanghai, would you? o_O

Uhh yeah..why?
    ...You'se scammin' me for mah money? :D

Uhh yeah..why?
    ...You'se scammin' me for mah money? :D
    Now at first look at the Google Map of Shanghai, skeptics argue about having to tilt Shanghai in order to match Isshu. But what's whatever island Hoenn is based turned 90 degrees?
    Just my biased unbiased .02.

Last edited:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    I don't know. It's either Shanghai or New York. It looks pretty similar to both.

It doesnt really have to be some of those 2 it might turn something else too, thyre not the only places on earth that look like that, and btw when u look at both area they are just kinda to small to be a pokemon region (shanghai area is a little bit bigger but..still) compare them to other regions of kanto, johto, hoenn and sinnoh, NYC only matches the size of a large town, somewhat like saffron(tokyo) in kanto(that would mean that Isshu would be the same size as saffron O.o)

missingnoresearcher

I like your bedsheets
    Years
    It doesnt really have to be some of those 2 it might turn something else too, thyre not the only places on earth that look like that, and btw when u look at both area they are just kinda to small to be a pokemon region (shanghai area is a little bit bigger but..still) compare them to other regions of kanto, johto, hoenn and sinnoh, NYC only matches the size of a large town, somewhat like saffron(tokyo) in kanto(that would mean that Isshu would be the same size as saffron O.o)

Ah yes, but remember, Japan itself isn't a very large place. It would make sense that they would have to relocate to a foreign place due to them taking up all of the main parts of Japan.

I tell you, that Hiun City seashore looks awful lot like the Shanghai Bund. I would get on a boat in the weekends and look at that site.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    The bridge is a reference to Shanghai I think but I think Isshu is based mostly on New york. (The bridge with the swirly part at the end)

Zet

Years
    To make it 100% NYC, there should be lots and lots quite a few fat people.... Well that's just my 2 5 cents on the matter of NYC vs Shanghai vs etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    To make it 100% NYC, there should be lots and lots quite a few fat people.... Well that's just my 2 5 cents on the matter of NYC vs Shanghai vs etc.
    lol, well people use dark colored people so you have the right to say lot's of fat people would prove it too :P

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    @Zet: Yeah haha.

As much as i dont wnt to admit NYC have gotten alot of support for their case. Firstly Aloe. And then the other stuff. But i still believe in Shanghai. I mean look at the chinese eagle people.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

Johto was full of em! Hkers, fire breathers, sailors, etc... and Johto had a lot of those. But I hope for more skinny people! Idk why, maybe cus im skinny. But the backpacker seems like he cold replace the good old husky hiker :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back