• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    the geography is most likely based off of NYC but the culture will always be made up for pokemon.

The goegraphy could be a lot of different palces if u look at just the shape of isshu, but when u look at the size... NYC is probably about the same size as tokyo, that would make isshu the size of a saffron city :/ and not to mention that all regions were bigger the later, and proportional to those ingame the regions in real life were bigger too then earlier ones.
    I mean sure, isshu might be based on nyc cause of its shape, but i really dont like when ppl go around forums posting that isshu is provenly nyc. Beacuse there is absolutely nothing that convince me to think that way, except for that football guy.
    And as a matter of fact, geography isnt all that similar, notice that isshu acctually has 2 penninsuilas whilest nyc has only one in between two landmasses, and that on the east side isshu ends with sea, which pretty much makes it not similar at all.

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

althought on this pic of isshu that was shown before the original isshu, it is obvious why every1 assumed that they are similar, because u dont see the sea side from here, and u assume that is continues to the east as more land.

Last edited:
    Years
    The goegraphy could be a lot of different palces if u look at just the shape of isshu, but when u look at the size... NYC is probably about the same size as tokyo, that would make isshu the size of a saffron city :/ and not to mention that all regions were bigger the later, and proportional to those ingame the regions in real life were bigger too then earlier ones.
    I mean sure, isshu might be based on nyc cause of its shape, but i really dont like when ppl go around forums posting that isshu is provenly nyc. Beacuse there is absolutely nothing that convince me to think that way, except for that football guy.
    And as a matter of fact, geography isnt all that similar, notice that isshu acctually has 2 penninsuilas whilest nyc has only one in between two landmasses, and that on the east side isshu ends with sea, which pretty much makes it not similar at all.

althought on this pic of isshu that was shown before the original isshu, it is obvious why every1 assumed that they are similar, because u dont see the sea side from here, and u assume that is continues to the east as more land.

However, Shanghai does have that peninsula.
    Spoiler:

I think I'm on team Shanghai now.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Oh bout that shanghai, I guess most people associate isshu with that large map but look at this part. It even has that lil island to match, buuut that large one beside it doesnt fit in, but who knows might be, but im still unbiased, since it is pretty sall considering other regions(still it is bigger then NCY), but the yin-yang story totaly fits in if it was based on shanghai.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I copied&pasted all statements that prove its NYC, that has solid proof, if this isnt enough to convince then clearly you lack common sense.

The Obvious Facts that point to NYC, that Shanghai either lacks, or has to be altered in some forme in order to be accurate with it (Note all changes,alterations,or additions are in Cyan):

At least in one picture of Isshu there were 3 islands under Hiun, two to the left and one to the right. This matches NYC, with Ellis island and Liberty Island on the left and Governors Island on the right.

Also, if the Liberty Ticket goes to the Liberty Island equivalent, which is likely because events usually are on islands away from the main land, then that would basically prove that isshu is based on NYC.

They said that Isshu is somewhere very far away from the rest of the regions, right?
    I think that gives more evidence for New York, and while China is far away from Japan, relative to America it is not so far. And considering that New York City is in America, there is a stronger chance of Isshu being based off of NYC.

Are Rock Pigeons(Which Mamepato is most likely based off) in Shanghai? Because I know they are extremely prevalent in NYC.

The Following is a direct comparison between NYC,Shanghai, & Isshu
    this alone can argue many points on both sides,but mainly NYC.

Spoiler:

New York City's infringement on the once serene environment is a bit obvious. (Again not saying any other city doesn't have this issue)

lets not forget that one of the released pokemon is a eagle with a native american head sorta and the US colors

If you look at New York City, downtown is located at the same place Huin City is located.

That clothing style fits a lot more with western americans.

liberty ticket = liberty statue

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue
    was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory."

america is far away from Japan and Isshu is far away from all the other regions. China is close to Japan.

theres a snowy mountains near a fire conservation station (top left of Isshu map they are in the same place in New York as the Isshu map... Desert Road is in the place that the big ass desert is... its like New York if the roads were actually what they are named for xD also there are 2 small islands where the small islands are on Isshu in New York near the dock...

The item you need in order to get him/her is called the "Liberty Ticket" and liberty, as far as I know, is really only associated with the United States. More so than it is with any other real life place anyway. Also New York city has the original Statue of Liberty. I know there are others around the world but New York has the biggest and the original one.

along side the Football Player, which is an American sport

Also (not 100% confirmed, but good enough point that it is) Isshu has a desert as a possible reference to the Manhattan project

The Red Chain

During World War II, the statue remained open to the public, although the statue
    was not illuminated at night. The statue was lit briefly on December 31, 1943 and on "D-Day", June 6, 1944, when the statue's lights flashed dot-dot-dot-dash, the Morse code for V, for victory."
    Best point I've seen yet considering Victini, the Victory Pokemon is the only known Pokemon to inhabit Liberty Island and you find him in the basement of a tower there. The tower could very well relate to the Statue of Liberty. The fact you take a boat from Hiun City to Liberty Island only relates to NYC even further.

I'm not saying it is NYC just yet because of this, but you gotta admit it's pretty interesting.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Best point I've seen yet considering Victini, the Victory Pokemon is the only known Pokemon to inhabit Liberty Island and you find him in the basement of a tower there. The tower could very well relate to the Statue of Liberty. The fact you take a boat from Hiun City to Liberty Island only relates to NYC even further.

I'm not saying it is NYC just yet because of this, but you gotta admit it's pretty interesting.

*bows* im glad i could get another to see that point :)

(just reposting on the new page for everyone to see) I copied&pasted all statements that prove its NYC, that has solid proof, if this isnt enough to convince then clearly you lack common sense.

The Obvious Facts that point to NYC, that Shanghai either lacks, or has to be altered in some forme in order to be accurate with it (Note all changes,alterations,or additions are in Cyan):

At least in one picture of Isshu there were 3 islands under Hiun, two to the left and one to the right. This matches NYC, with Ellis island and Liberty Island on the left and Governors Island on the right.

Also, if the Liberty Ticket goes to the Liberty Island equivalent, which is likely because events usually are on islands away from the main land, then that would basically prove that isshu is based on NYC.

They said that Isshu is somewhere very far away from the rest of the regions, right?
    I think that gives more evidence for New York, and while China is far away from Japan, relative to America it is not so far. And considering that New York City is in America, there is a stronger chance of Isshu being based off of NYC.

Are Rock Pigeons(Which Mamepato is most likely based off) in Shanghai? Because I know they are extremely prevalent in NYC.

Spoiler:

New York City's infringement on the once serene environment is a bit obvious. (Again not saying any other city doesn't have this issue)

lets not forget that one of the released pokemon is a eagle with a native american head sorta and the US colors

If you look at New York City, downtown is located at the same place Huin City is located.

america is far away from Japan and Isshu is far away from all the other regions. China is close to Japan.

theres a snowy mountains near a fire conservation station (top left of Isshu map they are in the same place in New York as the Isshu map... Desert Road is in the place that the big ass desert is... its like New York if the roads were actually what they are named for xD also there are 2 small islands where the small islands are on Isshu in New York near the dock...

The item you need in order to get him/her is called the "Liberty Ticket" and liberty, as far as I know, is really only associated with the United States. More so than it is with any other real life place anyway. Also New York city has the original Statue of Liberty. I know there are others around the world but New York has the biggest and the original one.

Also (not 100% confirmed, but good enough point that it is) Isshu has a desert as a possible reference to the Manhattan project

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Geography wise, I can see how it relates so closely to Shanghai, but that's mainly from a visual perspective.

Football is indeed an American sport, and we now have a football player as a trainer. Football can refer to Soccer if you look from another perspective, but the uniform is definitely for the other kind of Football. We also have a potential flight attendant as a trainer, which could hint to the existence of an airport somewhere in Isshu.

You would have to take an airplane to get from Japan to America.. well, if you wanna get there fast anyway. A ship seems like too much trouble.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Geography wise, I can see how it relates so closely to Shanghai, but that's mainly from a visual perspective.

Football is indeed an American sport, and we now have a football player as a trainer. Football can refer to Soccer if you look from another perspective, but the uniform is definitely for the other kind of Football. We also have a potential flight attendant as a trainer, which could hint to the existence of an airport somewhere in Isshu.

You would have to take an airplane to get from Japan to America.. well, if you wanna get there fast anyway. A ship seems like too much trouble.

more loosely than closely

agreed on everythin else :)

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    *bows* im glad i could get another to see that point :)

(just reposting on the new page for everyone to see) I copied&pasted all statements that prove its NYC, that has solid proof, if this isnt enough to convince then clearly you lack common sense.

Spoiler:

Lack commons sense!? who are u to say that, when u dont have it your way u insult other ppl, like saying that their ideas r stupid, that they lack common sense if they dont believe isshu being nyc etc.
    Now for your ˝proofs´ the only valid ones are those about liberty island and the football player. <IMO

Pigeons are scattered everywhere across the world, and they are almost everywhere, i would definitely not even think of connecting that to nyc.
    Those 3 pics u posted, obviously that is not a valid picture of isshu region(its a prerelease). When u look at it from normal point of view, not zoomed in, u can see that isshu consists of 2 peninsula and all east of that is sea, that fact(and i mean this is more solid proof then any other u have) proves that nyc isnt isshu geographically. btw check my post in the previous page.
    About that eagle, my country is well known for eagles too, and our flags consist of those colors too, but take a look at world maps, most of them hAve blue, red and white colors in them, id even say over 60% just check it -.- have u ever seen other countries flags except yours?
    Desert, i dont know much about manhattan project but it doesnt sound much like desert to me, whilst on the other hand, china has 2 of the most biggest deserts in the world.
    About the clothing? i dont get it, all girls in my place dress that way,and the guys clothes are pretty common too.
    I would hardly found your statements proofs. Proof is not a speculation that isnt even correct, most of u guys talk about its is all american, but that just point that u are just ignorant and dont know about other countries. I remember when some of u guys stated that it is based of nyc because of Aloe and that she is a black person. That really ticked me off.

Now for the proof that nyc isnt isshu:
    - Size!!! nyc=tokyo=saffron city and that is not the size of a region
    - Yin-yang theme, it is obviously a connection for china
    - Geography doesnt match(once again for ppl like u, dont look at the picture u posted but the picture of entire isshu region and then u will clearly see)
    All three of these statements are proof, not speculations since all are true.
    Every1 can believe what they want, but it is not your job to insult them if they are wrong and talk around crap(i wrote on some thread that u wrote, isshu is based on nyc its been clearly proved)

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Lack commons sense!? who are u to say that, now im sorry for saying this, but i saw some of ur posts on pc, and i must say that i think that u are by far the most ignorant person on pc, and when u dont have it your way u insult other ppl, like saying that their ideas r stupid, that they lack common sense if they dont believe isshu being nyc etc.
    Now for your ˝proofs´ the only valid ones are those about liberty island and the football player.

Pidgeons r scattered everywhere across the world, and they are almost everywhere, i would definitley not even think of connecting that to nyc.
    Those 3 pics u posted, obviously that is not a valid picture of isshu region(its a prerelease). When u look at it from normal point of view, not zoomed in, u can see that isshu consists of 2 peninsula and all east of that is sea, that fact(and i mean this is more solid proof then any other u have) proves that nyc isnt isshu geographically. bte check my post in the previous page.
    About that eagle, my country is well known for eagles too, and our flags consist of those colors too, but take a look at world maps, most of them hAve blue, red and white colors in them, id even say over 60% just browse on the internet or read a book -.- have u ever seen other countries flags except yours?
    Desert, i dont know much about manhattan project but it doesnt sound much like desert to me, whilst on the other hand, china has 2 of the most biggest deserts in the world.
    About the clothings? i dont get it, all girls in my place dress that way,and the guys clothes are pretty common too.
    I would hardly found your statements proofs. Proof is not a speculation that isnt even correct, most of u guys talk about its is all american, but that just point that u are just ignorant and dont know about other countries. I remeber when some of u guys stated that it is based of nyc because of Aloe and that she is a black person. That really ticked me off.

Now for the proof that nyc isnt isshu:
    - Size!!! nyc=tokyo=saffron city and that is not the size of a region
    - Yin-yang theme, it is obviously a connection for china
    - Geography doesnt match(once again for ppl like u, dont look at the picture u posted but the picture of entire isshu region and then u will clearly see)
    All three of these statements are proof, not speculations since all are true.
    Every1 can believe what they want, but it is not your job to insult them if they are wrong and talk around crap(i wrote on some thread that u wrote, isshu is based on nyc its been clearly proved)
    So basicly nyc has all speculations, whilst all proofs are against it.

when you grow up, do research, oh dont forget i did say this was done by OTHERS i merely gathered it, learn to read english, & take you head out your ass then try to troll, til then STFU.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    I dont mind people believing isshu is nyc, but i dont agree that isshu looks like nyc:

this pic on the right is the real isshu, whilst the one below is the one that looks like nyc..the one that they prereleased. And also note that, isshu has 2 peninsuilas, whilst nyc is an island between 2 land masses.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I dont mind people believing isshu is nyc, but i dont agree that isshu looks like nyc:

this pic on the right is the real isshu, whilst the one below is the one that looks like nyc..the one that they prereleased. And also note that, isshu has 2 peninsuilas, whilst nyc is an island between 2 land masses.

I noticed this a long time ago...come to think about it it's the reason why I didn't jump on the NYC bandwagon at the start until later...

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
    Years

The left of shanghai doesn't look more like Shanghai than New York City.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Volroc & coolnick37, just so you know, I'll be watching you. If the discussion heads the same way again, then you will be punished.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    Volroc & coolnick37, just so you know, I'll be watching you. If the discussion heads the same way again, then you will be punished.

Im sorry for responding to him, but i havent really gotten offtopic, i just stated my opinion in my first post, and i think there is nothing off in there.
    I did react in my 2nd post but i deleted it.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    the piece of land loped off on the right is just artistic expression.
    hoen was turn 90 degrees
    desserts in pokemon are always randomly placed in pokemon regions
    show me one region that is an EXACT match of any real place.
    even shanghai isn't an exact match to isshu.
    NYC all the way.

P.s. @coolnick37: arguing with a mod is NEVER a good idea.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    the piece of land loped off on the right is just artistic expression.
    hoen was turn 90 degrees
    desserts in pokemon are always randomly placed in pokemon regions
    show me one region that is an EXACT match of any real place.
    even shanghai isn't an exact match to isshu.
    NYC all the way.

P.s. @coolnick37: arguing with a mod is NEVER a good idea.

O.o i didnt argue! What, i just apologized for my previous post :O

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back