• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    well i know I'm right about it being Hiroshima 1 they said it was far from the other regions to the Japanese audience not us that could make a difference in the meaning of the absrtact term "Far away". and although i could explain why im right you would disregard it as a lie. because you will assume i am a kid pretending to know someone who works for Nintendo im not and if it turns out im right rocky505 owes me a cookie

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • i don't owe you anything. It can't still be in Japan it has a extremely small chance of being in Japan since they said it is far away and it starts with Route 1 if it was in Japan it would start with route 301.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • lol NO

ninjaman said:
    well i know I'm right about it being Hiroshima 1 they said it was far from the other regions to the Japanese audience not us that could make a difference in the meaning of the absrtact term "Far away". and although i could explain why im right you would disregard it as a lie. because you will assume i am a kid pretending to know someone who works for Nintendo im not and if it turns out im right rocky505 owes me a cookie

Yes, Hiroshima is so far away from Kyushu AKA Hoenn.
    Chugoku is right next to Kyushu, the region where Hiroshima is located. Now, Hiroshima can't be far away from a Japanese person if it's located in their home country, can it?

But if Hiun City was Hiroshima, then Isshu would have been based off Chugoku (which it bears no resemblance to at all), not just a city in Japan. They even have Tohoku and Shikoku ready to become regions. All the other PokeRegions have been based off entire Japanese regions, not prefectures or capitals of them in the case of Hiroshima.

In b4 "black and white is being innovative!" since a foreign country would be more innovative anyways. The rumors that came out in March (Team Plasma, N, Professor Araragi, advanced wireless capabilities, etc.) have been confirmed to be true EXCEPT for one, which said that the new region would be a foreign country. If all of them are true, why not that one as well?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    The rumors that came out in March (Team Plasma, N, Professor Araragi, advanced wireless capabilities, etc.) have been confirmed to be true EXCEPT for one, which said that the new region would be a foreign country. If all of them are true, why not that one as well?

not to argue just out of curiosity where did u hear those rumors.. i dont remember ever hearing about them

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
    Years
  • I dont exactly have any idea where it might be based on, it could be based on both NYC and Shanghai for all we know. But I think it is about time that they just make a region that is based on nothing but their own ideas, and THIS could be that generation, so thats why I voted for Someplace Else...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • There's one major problem with Hiroshima. It's a very obvious problem. Try counting. There are seven rivers crisscrossing the Hiroshima delta area. There are two in Isshu.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    ok yes in our mind set thats not a far distance chugoku to any other region, but look they released this to the people of japan and said its far away ,to America far away is much different as one of our regions(states) would equal all of japans or close to all of them. with that in mind far away to the US could be any where but the information regarding the regions whereabouts was not released to the US it was released to japan it may have features that are similar to other parts of the world such as the bridges
    features of other regions didn't come from japan either so please understand im not calling you a lair so don't be so upset over it you could be right but i doubt it im going to stick with the facts and say its Hiroshima/chugoku you stick with your opinion of where ever you think it is.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • it's far away in the pokemon world

not our world
    The only difference in the Pokemon World and the real world is the Pokemon. They have mentioned many other countries in the games and Anime. They have mentioned both north and South America, they have mentioned Antarctica, the north pole and a few more.

EDIT: Here is alot of proof.

Arcanine's FireRed Pokédex entry states that it is mentioned in Chinese legends.
    Parasect's Pokédex entry mentions its spores are used in medicine in China.
    Regice's Emerald Pokédex entry mentions Antarctic ice.
    Upon defeating Fisherman Bronson in the Sinnoh Battle Tower, he will say, "Why the emperor of fishing? It's an ancient Chinese legend..."
    In Pasta La Vista!, an ad on a book mentions "Chinese Noodles."
    Lt. Surge is known as "The Lightning American!"
    Mew was originally discovered in the jungles of the South American country Guyana. This is mentioned in logs inside of Cinnabar Island's Burned Mansion.
    Xatu's FireRed and Silver Pokédex entries mentions its association with mysticism in South America.
    Poliwrath's Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Pokédex entries mention its ability to swim the Pacific Ocean. Also, it is to be noted that the direction of its spirals depends on their geographical location.
    Delibird's Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Pokédex entries explain that a Delibird helped a famous explorer reach the top of Mt. Everest.
    Silph Co.'s Tiksi Branch is in Russia.
    In Mewtwo Strikes Back, Team Rocket are disguised as vikings. In the English dub, Brock says that he didn't know that vikings still existed and Ash replies that they come from Minnesota. This is clearly a reference to the Minnesota Vikings football team.
    Ponyta's Pokédex entries mentions that it can clear Ayers Rock and jump over the Eiffel Tower in one leap.
    A Guitarist that can be battled in the Battle Frontier mentions that his guitar is actually a Japanese instrument.
    In School of Hard Knocks, Misty mentions wanting to go to Paris.
    In Wherefore Art Thou, Pokémon?, Misty described the town like being in 'Merry Old England,' in which it could possibly be based on Tudor Time Stratford-Upon-Avon. It is also the same historic town where the story's inspirational Author, William Shakespeare was born.
    In The Scheme Team, Jessie talks about Antarctica, the place where their next assignment is located. It should be noted that this was dub-added.
    In Celebi: Voice of the Forest, Meowth asks if they saw Vicious in a Mexican wrestling movie.
    In the English version of The March of the Exeggutor Squad, Melvin says he wanted to make it to Las Vegas. It should be noted that he said that he wanted to make it to Broadway in the Japanese version.
    In the first movie, Meowth mentioned that they lived on the same Earth (although he may have been referring to the soil rather than the literal planet Earth).
    In The Ninja Poké-Showdown, James says that the Fuchsia Gym looks like a Japanese restaurant.

Last edited:

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • @rocky505: little extreme with the proof, don't you think? jk.

i still think it's NYC. why? it's got liberty island.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i do not know how to do any of that. but liberty island is close to the same spot as one of the small islands at the left bottom on the map of isshu.

EDIT: my bad, it's at the bottom RIGHT of the isshu map.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back