• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I wanna say it's New York, not only because of the location similarities, but also of the new female heroin.

Some of her clothing reminds me of New York, except her boots.
    Her denim shorts,her white tank top, her sleeveless vest ,and even her baseball cap. If it was a Yankee/Mets cap it would fit perfectly!

You can even see girls dress like this in the West Coast.
    It's spelled heroine. Heroin is a drug.

While, personally, I can see no resemblance to the NY area, nor any of the other places proposed, I must admit that it is theoretically possible for it to have been based on them. But, so what? It makes no difference to gameplay. The only possible way it could affect your gaming experience is if you happen to hate the area is based off of, so you decide not to play.

I couldn't care less about what is what based off.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    You do know that there was a region based on Arizona (and specifically a city based on Phoenix, Arizona), a state in America.

That is still no reason to call people "idiots" just because they don't hold the same opinion you do.

I personally believe that Isshu has the look of NYC and the geography of the whole United States. Once I see actual canon proof from the creators about where the region is based, that's the opinion I'll hold.

That's true. But most, if not all, of the regions have some small (or even large) basing in parts of Japan. Besides, it's fun to speculate.
    some say that Orre is actually based in China or in western japan...
    No one has really proved Orre 100% unlike the main 4 regions and I can see Isshu going that route...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

some say that Orre is actually based in China or in western japan...
    No one has really proved Orre 100% unlike the main 4 regions and I can see Isshu going that route...
    Funny that the two regions that could be based on America aren't confirmed.

But it doesn't really matter. So what if people believe Orre is based on Arizona or Isshu based on America. We're not wrong until there's an official statement released on it. So far, all we know is that Isshu is far away. That could be anything. It's not like the games are going to be the worst games ever just because Isshu is based on America or China.

Years
    Funny that the two regions that could be based on America aren't confirmed.

But it doesn't really matter. So what if people believe Orre is based on Arizona or Isshu based on America. We're not wrong until there's an official statement released on it. So far, all we know is that Isshu is far away. That could be anything.
    Yeah I found it funny too... Yeah it could be either Shanghai, NYC, or any other place that has been mentioned in this thread...

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    dear (insert name here)
    i would like to apologize for my being an A** i do realize my comments may have insulted some of you, but i am still going to stick with what i said about the location of isshu so please understand when i say "stubborn to the point of idiocy" I am not calling you an idiot but saying you seem not to be open to the other Ideas as you see yours as Superior, but I do truly admire your Dedication to your belief. I have accepted your idea as a possibility at least accept my as such even though i am certain of mine being the truth i have not completely ruled your out as added concepts to the appearance and or location of isshu. as i stated the location will not effect game play so i see the speculation of said location unimportant.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Okay people, there is not going to be an "official statement" on where in the world the regions are. GF do not confirm where the regions are in relation to our world, they never have and i doubt they never will. The Pokemon world is the Pokemon world, it does have similarities with our world but there are differences.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    It is not Japan it cannot be Japan. There is already a route 1, It is far away. it is not Japan.

And how many Springfields and Elm Streets are there in the US? Just because it has the same name as something from a previous region doesn't mean they have to be in different 'countries'.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    so please understand when i say "stubborn to the point of idiocy" I am not calling you an idiot but saying you seem not to be open to the other Ideas as you see yours as Superior
    It's not as if we see our ideas as superior (or at least I don't because it's a region in the Pokemon world) but it's just that we see Isshu as being this way and you see Isshu as based on [that[/i] way. That doesn't make us "stubborn to the point of idiocy" (which is still kind of offensive offensive because no one is an idiot over their opinion on a region in the Pokemon world). It just means that people see things differently, especially matters that are based on personal opinion and don't harm anyone.

But soon this will lead to a Tone Arguement, so... I'm personally done.

And how many Springfields and Elm Streets are there in the US? Just because it has the same name as something from a previous region doesn't mean they have to be in different 'countries'.
    Main Streets. Most likely, every town in every state of America has a Main Street.

Zet

Years
    I wanna say it's New York, not only because of the location similarities, but also of the new female heroin.

Some of her clothing reminds me of New York, except her boots.
    Her denim shorts,her white tank top, her sleeveless vest ,and even her baseball cap. If it was a Yankee/Mets cap it would fit perfectly!

You can even see girls dress like this in the West Coast.
    Fashion styles ≠ New York

Lots of people dress like that and they don't even live in New York or even come from New York.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If we're judging the clothing then it's just as easy to say that the other Pokemon games are based on countries outside of Japan. Over time, Pokemon characters are appearing more Westernised, as others said, which is due to changes of trends varying country to country. Even the clothing style of Japan is changing, as the "traditional" or older clothing is becoming less common due to globalisation.

Well at least that's how I see it.

...anyway, clothing shouldn't affect whether Isshu is based on New York anyway. D:

Zet

Years
    If we were to judge by clothes per say; then we can easily assume it is not in America since clothes are made in 3rd world Countries, just like shoes.

tsutaajafan95

#1 Tsutaaja fan
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    i think is a mix of new york with some japanese influence based on geography and stuff.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    okay, the clothing is not Asian styled. hows that? and it's based off new york. let me list a few reasons.....

clothing
    huge city
    two rivers
    bridges
    amusement park (you all forget koni island)
    the islands in the bottom of the map and are there in the NYC pic i posted earlier
    there ARE mountains in new Jersey
    central park
    there is a airport by new york also
    and the only way to get to it from japan is by BOAT or PLAIN

thank you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    even though its in japan i just got a conformation that many aspects of isshu design are in fact based on places in America but not specifically just new york the desert is in fact based on areas in the southwest.
    oh and most of you are probaly unaware of idiocy and ignorance have multiple meanings so i wasn't calling you unintelligent Im sure most of you are of a above average IQ you probably didn't know that one fact and thats why it seemed insulting i suppose. again im sorry if i insulted you

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    ^ Quit lying. Just because you say it is japan does not mean it is Japan. You did not get a confirmation from anyone they do not ever confirm where the region is. Lying will not help at all.

Years
    Yeah they never confirm the regions, it's just widely accepted that the first 4 are japan so there is no real debate there unlike Isshu...though we might need some confirming to end this war...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back