• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

austy14

Cannibal
Years

• Hahaha, I KINDA see it. But the rivers are off, it would be way too small, and there's not exactly any significant landmarks that we've seen in Isshu already. xD

Nice try, though. :3

Well, Loch Ness could be that center lake thing. And there could be a loch ness monster! And I think the size is close enough. It's bigger than NYC :P

/Not quite convinced myself XD

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Well, Loch Ness could be that center lake thing. And there could be a loch ness monster! And I think the size is close enough. It's bigger than NYC :P

/Not quite convinced myself XD

Bigger than NYC, but not the size of a whole region. Wikipedia tells me Kanto was 32,423.90 km2 (12,518.9 sq mi).

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

• it's turned into a massive Shanghai circlejerk where anyone who presents American evidence is attacked and immediately called wrong, and anybody who presents Shanghai evidence, no matter how farfetched, is given a huge pat on the back and greeted with some cocky, arrogant comments towards the American side.

Hahaha, wasnt like this before but just the opposite when I gave shanghai evidence a couple of NYC dude were trashing like crazy. And they excepted "far-fetched" ideas like freedom=america and that homeless ppl represent america.
    However I dont think shanghai side attacks any of NYC suporter and we are all polite(I sometimes get ticked off when ppl annoy me by saying its obvious for something thats obviously not obvious -.-)

And if you are talking about england, yey! remember my long-forgotten dundee ;)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • but freedom is a very popular thing in America. Ever heard the saying "Land of the free, home of the brave". But I agree on the homeless thing there are homeless people around where I live, it proves nothing.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • but freedom is a very popular thing in America. Ever heard the saying "Land of the free, home of the brave". But I agree on the homeless thing there are homeless people around where I live, it proves nothing.

Yes, but it is far fetched, especially if you connect it to team plasma, and what sense does it make to fight for freedom in the land of the free :S
    However in an oppressed country it does :P
    Not that i agree with these clues, Im just saying if ur gonna think that way it points to china too(maybe even more :P)

"Land of the free, home of the brave"
    Incidentally, we call our homeland similarly :P
    (because we got our freedom by war not so long ago)- but thats offtopic

I'm not one of those people that is going to waste time trying to figure out what it's based off of, because I'm going to have fun with the game anyway. Trying to make sense out of Pokemon sorta kills the fun, right? :(

I always like to see on what GF based some of the pokemon, and on what the region is based, that is fun for me and I dont think I will ever judge the game or feel dissapointed based on where the region is located in RL it just seems a fun fact to know. :D

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Here is a picture from PokemonPia Magazine, an official magazine:

Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

It basically outlines the ability to catch the three original starters with new abilities. We already knew that. However, in the circle it says in Japanese "The adventure's setting is New York!"

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    Isshu as good as confirmed to be New York
    Just thought I'd post it here :P

This is the PokemonPia Magazine that will give people the chance to catch one of the original 3 starters with alternate abilities. Now that we can see the cover in higher quality, it is now possible to make out that it says "The adventure's setting is New York!?" which suggests that on the inside there will be more details upon purchasing and reading.
    Though the "?" means that its not stated explicitly, being an official magazine this makes it as good as confirmed. Can you honestly see it going any other way if this is on the front?
    This comes as no shock, many of us were able to figure it out ages ago!

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • It is now proven that it is NYC:

Spoiler:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

It basically outlines the ability to catch the three original starters with new abilities. We already knew that. However, in the circle it says in Japanese "The adventure's setting is New York!"

:O oh wow! R u sure about it? I mean I havent heard about it on any official website or forums, i see that only here o.o if this is true this must be the first tiem they acctually admited they based a region on a real life place :O
    However, wher did you get a pic of this, and info?
    T.T if it is true that would mean i was wrong, buahaa!

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I got it from PokeJungle.

Also, this region isn't the only one based off a real place? It is officially known that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all based on areas of Japan. Isshu is supposed to be very far away from those, so..

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • I got it from PokeJungle.

Also, this region isn't the only one based off a real place? It is officially known that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all based on areas of Japan. Isshu is supposed to be very far away from those, so..

:o no its not officially known, it is just stated they are those because of resemblance that fans noticed, no1 ever confirmed they are rl locations, but either way this news strucks meh :O

-.- hmm ive just been searching over the web for this, but i havent yet seen the cover u posted, HOWEVER there was a cover for the new pokemon pia magazine, and it was this one:

This one however contains no info about NY, now the solution to this is either yours is a fake, or that your cover isnt a cover, but a second page or something, because this cover i poseted is official and can be easily chacked.
    Im still gonna stick to shanghai after all untill pokemon pia doesnt come out.
    And id really like to know if some1 can confirm this cover is real?

Last edited:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

Well, that is great proof, but would it really up and say "Hey everyone, this game takes place in New York!" I mean sinnoh never said "Look, we're in Hokkaido!" Though, I originally thought New York, so this is nice proof :D

/All lies it's really Scotland

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • :o no its not officially known, it is just stated they are those because of resemblance that fans noticed, no1 ever confirmed they are rl locations, but either way this news strucks meh :O

-.- hmm ive just been searching over the web for this, but i havent yet seen the cover u posted, HOWEVER there was a cover for the new pokemon pia magazine, and it was this one:

This one however contains no info about NY, now the solution to this is either yours is a fake, or that your cover isnt a cover, but a second page or something, because this cover i poseted is official and can be easily chacked.
    Im still gonna stick to shanghai after all untill pokemon pia doesnt come out.
    And id really like to know if some1 can confirm this cover is real?

It is real :| It's from an official magazine. Saying it's not real is like saying Coro Coro isn't real.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It is real :| It's from an official magazine. Saying it's not real is like saying Coro Coro isn't real.

We see fake Coro Coro all the time.

What he's saying is that he can't find a copy of the cover on their official website or anything to confirm that it is legit and not a fake cover.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I think we all know it's set in New York, America. I think I know why; during the civil war of America (or before?), the northern states became more industrialized >hint< and the southern states stayed true to their agricultural roots >hint<

Now, take a >hint< :)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • We see fake Coro Coro all the time.

What he's saying is that he can't find a copy of the cover on their official website or anything to confirm that it is legit and not a fake cover.

Yeah, from one person. Not from thousands of people who actually got it in the mail and have hard copies, like we do for this.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Yeah, from one person. Not from thousands of people who actually got it in the mail and have hard copies, like we do for this.

:O did you get a copy with "that" cover? Because i saw on all sites tat sell that magazine, that it has a cover like I posted.
    And btw. pia is coming out only on 10th

I think we all know it's set in New York, America. I think I know why; during the civil war of America (or before?), the northern states became more industrialized >hint< and the southern states stayed true to their agricultural roots >hint<

Now, take a >hint< :)

-.- there is no hint -.-,

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back