• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where you sit in class

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I usually sit at the front, so that I could see better and pay attention. Only time you'd ever see me sitting in the back is if I was assigned there, haha.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I was the 'heavy metal' type of student - (at the time) I didn't care much for school but more of music, so I sat in a back corner, somewhere out of the way,.... so when the teacher was explaining something I was just drawing band logos on paper/notebooks or looking at the album's booklet (lyrics or band photos), when doing work, I was talking with few friends I had about music.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    My school classes usually enact a "student-assigned seat" thing, where students pick their seat and stay there until it's time to change. I have one class where the teacher assigns us at random and keeps it for about 5-6 weeks before changing it. Usually I prefer sitting up front so I can see the board without having to loom over people; the back of the room was never really appealing to me. I would always get detached from the lesson and not really remember anything. On the bright side, I did enjoy the unattended sleeping on these occasions.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
    I am usually in the front, but not directly at the front because I don't like such seats. I also sit at the sides of the classroom.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    You'd think I wouldn't have to come across assigned-seating in college, and I haven't for almost 4 years, but this semester I have one class that mandates it... It's so dumb, as I sat in the front on the first day, but I don't want to stay in the front. What if the professor sees me yawning. 6 times. D'8

Big lecture halls that can contain 100+ students: I sit wherever there's a spot that suits my mood. If I want to pay attention, I sit in the front. If I wanna be a slacker and either work on another assignment or goof off on my tablet, I sit in the back.

Smaller classrooms: I sit in the middle and usually off-center. I like being able to sit against walls and look at the entire classroom. With our backs to the wall, the darkness would fall.

Years
    In High school when we had assigned seating I would usually be placed in the front corner away from all the other students by like the 3rd week. I'm rather distracting but by having two things to focus on at one time I retain the information better.
    At Uni we have actual classrooms because our lectures are closer to like 30 students. But I tend to sit next to a wall so I can lean and face the front easier. The seats are horribly uncomfortable so I have to constantly move around which is annoying for other people in the class.

Sirfetch’d

Always, always, always towards the back or back-left of the room, if at all possible. Easier to mess around here that way! :D

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;D

I would always sit in the back as well because I was a bit shy on the first day and wanted to hide myself. It also made it much easier to text and do other things that might annoy the teacher haha.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    When I was in High School, I always tend to sit in the centre to the left in all my classes. I'm starting TAFE this year and in the orientation class I sat in the exact same position I usually sit in classrooms.
    I avoid the front because of the attention, I don't like to be too far back or else I might miss something. Not sure why I like the left though, just to be on the 'outskirts' of the classroom I guess...

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
    I usually like to sit close to the front in small lecture theaters, maybe 4-7 rows back in HUGE lecture theaters and in classrooms then I'll pick one spot and stay there a lot of the time. it usually depends on how attached I feel to the class in question: some of my modules in college are terrible and I sit at the back to give off the "rebellious spirit but not so rebellious as to not show up" vibe ^^ Such a badass.

I've found that sitting towards the middle of back of the room is bad for me; I don't pay any attention to what I'm doing and watch the laptop people in front of me browse Facebook {XD}

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    We have assigned seating in my college. I sit next to the window and the benches keep rotating. One day on first bench, next on second, next on third........ Like that

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Still in high school. Unless I'm assigned a seat, I'll normally sit next to friends. I like to sit at the back of class no matter the size. I don't want to bring attention to my self in class, outside of school I could care less.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I am always assigned at the front of the classroom, in front of everyone else. This goes for all classes now and previously because the teachers know that I am a special needs person. They often call on me to answer questions and now it has become normal of a routine that the teachers ask the others to answer.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I never realised this as a pattern before but looking back I almost always sat on the left hand side of the classroom, second row from the front. I wonder why that was...

Back