• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which 5th gen would you like to have as a starter ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the idea of starting with the fossils, but adding to that you could also start with the birds too, Rufflet/Vullaby would be an interesting choice too because they both turn into really strong birds. I like the idea of changing up the three choices though, but I'm not sure how that'll work into the first gym tbh.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Another way to change it up: release three games at once (yes, you heard me right) and have each specific game have its own unique starter, no choice. Players would buy their game based on who they start with, and yes, there are still version exclusive catches...and yes, it's the same game otherwise.

Cyclone

Years
  • I didn't understood about Sawk and his colleague Throh. Why there's no one who are exclusive to Black and the other...

It's not a bad idea. But there's a problem with this method.

I take for example Black / White
    I add the idea of Requility, starting with the birds (who are exclusives in each version if I'm right).

=> We need an other exclusive pokemon birds.

More, If we have three versions we need also three legendary (Zekrom / Reshiram).

*Small bracket to talk about B/W 2 and Kyurem. I'm not interested by kyurem. (I think this is a joke Kyurem black and kyurem white). They aren't originals (to have kyurem as legendary it's cool. I dislike the absence of an other legendary).

It's just like if we had pokemon B/W 1 with legendary Reshiram Black or White. B/W 2 with Zekrom Black or White and B/W 3 With Kyurem Black or White.

The idea to buy the game the player want is very interesting, but how many parents know exactly the version that their children want ? For us it's not a problem, I don't call my parents to buy my pokemon games but for a child it's hard to explain...

In B/W 2 we'll have 2 kyurem (B/W) a third, would be even more stupid. (B/W/Grey ???)*

I didn't understood about Sawk and his colleague Throh. Why there's no one who are exclusive to Black and the other...

It's not a bad idea. But there's a problem with this method.

I take for example Black / White
    I add the idea of Requility, starting with the birds (who are exclusives in each version if I'm right).

=> We need an other exclusive pokemon birds.

More, If we have three versions we need also three legendary (Zekrom / Reshiram).

*Small bracket to talk about B/W 2 and Kyurem. I'm not interesting by kyurem. (I think this is a joke Kyurem black and kyurem white). They aren't originals (to have kyurem as legendary it's cool. I dislike the absence of an other legendary).

It's just like if we had pokemon B/W 1 with legendary Reshiram Black or White. B/W 2 with Zekrom Black or White and B/W 3 With Kyurem Black or White.

The idea to buy the game the player want is very interesting, but how many parents know exactly the version that their children want ? For us it's not a problem, I don't call my parents to buy my pokemon games but for a child it's hard to explain...

In B/W 2 we'll have 2 kyurem (B/W) a third, would be even more stupid. (B/W/Grey ???) BUT if you want some pokemon, you are forced to have the three version (or trade the legendary) e.g Landorus. If you want him you need the exclusive Thundurus and Tornadus.*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I would like to see a pokemon game have the same beginning as a mystery dungeon so for example you wake up and go to see the professor for a pokemon and before you get your pokemon he/she says "Before I give your pokemon can I know a little about you" and then he/she asks questions and maybe theres two sets of questions you dont set the change but basically 3-5 questions are asked and these determine your pokemon and then 3-5 different questions are asked and the determine other things like Iv's and nature.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a reminder guys that you're getting a bit far away from what we could've had as starters in B/W. Sure if you want to discuss other ways that you could get starters (three games at once & the idea to make future games like MD), use Pokemon Gaming Central for that. We'd be better off just discussing starters here because if they did the other two then it wouldn't really apply to Black and White, would it now? Carry on!

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I know what you mean I just think the idea I mentioned would be great for the player to get into the game because being asked questions and answering them truthfully just makes it seem more personal but yeh carry on with the other stuff haha.

Back