• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which anti-virus is the best one?

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I use Trend Micro Security. Internet, too. I find it rather easy to use. It detects every little thing, too. I've used it and haven't had a problem yet. (Well, except for a Windows problem, but that's a windows program.)

I've used AVG Free, and it seems pretty nice. Still I prefer TM. But, that's just preference.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Norton has been pretty average in my experience. I just installed a 90-day trial on my new laptop recently (since the disc came with it) and it has slowed my laptop down so much during start-up and shut-down. I'm going to uninstall it once the 90 day trial is up. I have the full version on my home PC and it's also made it very slow.
    I also have avast! installed and that seems pretty good, updates are surprisingly very often.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Best anti-virus

AVG free edition is what I use on my dads PC and that works quite well but on my PC i have Norton 2009 and that gets everything so i would use that ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    To be honest I've never found any anti-anything software to be worthwhile. It may serve to stave off random attacks but in the end if it doesn't get anything done unless you're some 'tard that clicks on adverts a lot or something.

I don't know what to suggest but a freeware one would in my opinion be the only worthwhile type.

Years
    To be honest I've never found any anti-anything software to be worthwhile. It may serve to stave off random attacks but in the end if it doesn't get anything done unless you're some 'tard that clicks on adverts a lot or something.

I don't know what to suggest but a freeware one would in my opinion be the only worthwhile type.

I would have to partly agree with this, but to be secure in case of bumping into something use a good browser with extra protection.

I use Mcafee total protection, which I got for free.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Stuck between Trend Micro and Mcafee both work very well as reliable antivirus programs.
    AVG: No don't use this!!! It sucks
    Norton: I want something simpler and cheaper.
    ClamWin: Needs an update fixer....one that works on most computers.

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
    Hard to say which anti-virus software is best...the status is always changing. I've heard that Avira AntiVir free edition is pretty good (don't use it myself), though they have ads which nag you to buy the real thing. Avast!... the opinion varies from good to somewhat crappy. AVG free (using it now) is overrated, and not that great in terms of memory usage and definitions. It gets more false positives than other programs as well.

Paid anti-virus is usually better, naturally. I believe Norton 2009 is actually pretty good, not the memory hog the previous Nortons were.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
    For now according to some tests Bit defender is best but its speed is sluggish so I don't use it.

For free Avast! is one of the best. You can completely rely on its resident protection, its best. (I use Avast! and till now no problem)

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
    Used to use AVG Free, that was great. But recently we got McAffee, and it sort of... sucks. Sticks annoying toolbars on stuff, annoying Site Advisor that annoys you every time you visit a site that links to a site that has a download with a popup, makes my PC go horribly slow every Friday when it runs the virus check. I definetely recommend AVG Free.

Admar Sabaz

Pass the Marijuana!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    Hummmm, When the Pokeplus tried to hack my PC I was using Avira (New Version).
    And my antivirus blocked the IP for IP could not pass anything. And that is really good. You need to do it with a configuration of the Internet when it suspects posts (by antivirus) blocks the IP!
    So what is the best Avira Free (The best is paid, but this is also good)

I am Brazilian and use translator on somethings. If you do not understand is not my fault!

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I use AVG Free because it's free. Norton is known to be bloated, a memory hog, and hard to uninstall. I think they improved it, but I'm not going to switch any time soon. I also use ZoneAlarm Pro (which I got for free since they were giving it away) and Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Years
    I've always gone with AVG Free, good enough for everyday protection (doesn't come with good anti-spyware, I also recommend using Spybot - Search & Destroy)

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
    lets see uh........Spybot Search and Destroy=freeware.
    Avast 4.8 home edition= freeware/personal recomended download
    Clamwin Portable= freeware/secondary antivirus

hint hint, all of these have freeware in common, so if i were you i'd stop looking at paying 15 bucks a month for the same thing that these programs do.

Back