• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Anti-virus?

Which Anti-virus?

• McAfee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kapersky

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Norton

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOD32

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Avast

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials)

• Avira

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    Hey guys, I'm getting a new computer soon so I was wondering which Anti-virus I should choose. I have McAfee, but it's Internet Security isn't the best and there aren't many I.S. suites compatible. Should I get Kapersky Internet Security(I.S.) and Anti-virus?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I recommend never considering Norton again, and using an Anti Virus that isn't listed called Avast Anti-virus.

There is a free and paid version of Avast. Both are pretty dang good.

https://www.avast.com/index

Zet

Years
    I hijacked the poll and added two more options~

I'd go with Avast Pro(or Avast Internet Security) for all the extra stuff NOD32 can't do.... as well as Kaspersky.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Microsoft Security Essentials is not listed, this poll is worthless.

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
    I'm using NOD 32 and I think it quit good. I don't really do much stuff beside being naughty and try to download those pin generator.(just for fun) but NOD 32 good at blocking those.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I have been using McAfee for two years now, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. No complains at all compared to Norton.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    avast antivirus or avira Ive owned them they are great antiviruses but i have avg right now i dont need any of these as the MRT (malicious software removal tool) from Microsoft was the only thing i needed in xp.

Zet

Years
    Microsoft Security Essentials is not listed, this poll is worthless.
    I added it just now, I just have to edit the poll every time I add two options.

I have been using McAfee for two years now, and I'm pretty satisfied with it. No complains at all compared to Norton.
    Looks like you've never known what it's like to see a virus blocked.

avast antivirus or avira Ive owned them they are great antiviruses but i have avg right now i dont need any of these as the MRT (malicious software removal tool) from Microsoft was the only thing i needed in xp.
    Enjoying your fail bloatware?

locoroco

Years
    Yes plenty my xp hasnt gotten a virus in like 5 years now just spyware though five years ago mrt wasnt around but about 3 years ago i had no antivirus and i never got attacked nothing but the good old firewall (AAAAAAAAAAAAA WE ARE BURNING D*** FIRE WALL XD)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I added it just now, I just have to edit the poll every time I add two options.

Looks like you've never known what it's like to see a virus blocked.

Enjoying your fail bloatware?

...Let's sit back and be disgusted by the fact Norton is tied for first together.

Which Anti-virus?

Yes plenty my xp hasnt gotten a virus in like 5 years now just spyware though five years ago mrt wasnt around but about 3 years ago i had no antivirus and i never got attacked nothing but the good old firewall (AAAAAAAAAAAAA WE ARE BURNING D*** FIRE WALL XD)

Please stop encouraging people to practice terribad habits with your trolling.
    Which Anti-virus?

I know for a fact that if I ran an XP computer without an anti virus it would be very lucky to last a single year. No. It'd be lucky to last a month or two.

Last edited:

SUTANRII

The New Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Kaspersky is reliable and a good choice, if you're looking to spend about 50 bucks. It's relatively cheap per year and it has worked well. I installed it on my laptops/desktop. Been working nicely, no problems from here.

Norton came with my desktop, hah, it sucks. Don't consider it bro.

Zet

Years

And I drank nothing but adrenaline for 3 years and I never died once.

locoroco

Years
    Please stop encouraging people to practice terribad habits with your trolling.
    Which Anti-virus?

I know for a fact that if I ran an XP computer without an anti virus it would be very lucky to last a single year. No. It'd be lucky to last a month or two.

im not encouraging any1 to do anything im saying that i dont need any of these anyways your xp doesnt last a year mine does (though luck for you) im a download addict and i dont get any virusez XD.

Zet

Years
    im not encouraging any1 to do anything im saying that i dont need any of these anyways your xp doesnt last a year mine does (though luck for you) im a download addict and i dont get any virusez XD.

Just because you think you don't have any viruses, doesn't mean you're safe. It's more than likely you do have a virus or two, I strongly recommend getting a program such as hitman pro for a 2nd opinion before claiming you are virus free and never will get a virus.

Jarnakel

Nooblet
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    Used to use AVG until it started failing. I use Avast! now. It's pretty good. I've been hearing good things about a "Clamwin" as well, though I haven't tried it myself.

Also, remember that merely using an Antivirus won't ensure full protection. Be sure to include some sort of anti-malware program to complement it. I recommend Spybot S&D, though there are other good ones, for example, Malware Bytes.

Also, I don't trust anything made by Microsoft, but that's just me.

Last edited:
    Back