• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game had your favorite story line?

Years
  • I really loved Black/White's story line, I found it really interesting and fun!:)
    Emerald was awesome since it had both Team Magma and Aqua... But Black had to be my favorite :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • D/P/Pt has the best storyline, imo. I can't really explain it, I just seemed to enjoy the storyline in those games more than the others.

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • It's Between Black and a White and Platinum for me it had so much mire emotion than a trainer going to defeat team rocket or magma or aqua. (Sorry if i offended anyone)

Years
  • Platinum, with the addition of the Distortion World and the Giratina plot stuff.

Black/White was pretty good too, with the whole liberation thing that Team Plasma had going on.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Pokemon Colosseum. Yeah, for real. It was just more unique and dark than the main games (at the time, anyway, because since then we've had DPPt, BW, and B2W2 and one might argue it's not as dark as those, however I'd disagree with that). Plus, I'm not a huge fan of any of the main game storylines. I think that one area spin offs excel in where main games typically don't is storyline. So yeah, I'm going with Colosseum. Besides, the title isn't specifically main games. ;) kekeke!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the storylines of D/P/Pt and B/W. They were both interesting for me to follow and I liked the Distortion World in Platinum.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • From what I hear... Colosseum. But um I've not actually played it yet. :x Other than it, I adored Emerald. It was fun to play through and actually think about in general.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • I've said this to all my friends the reason why Pokemon B/W is the best one, is because the story line.
    B/W has the most Interesting story line I was really sucked into it after a while.

Years
  • I agree with Diablo, Black & White's storyline was EPIC.

It really drawed me in with the interesting story about Reshiram/Zekrom, N, Ghetsis and Team Plasma. Definitely the best, which is why I enjoyed it a lot.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I think GSC (and therefore HGSS as well) have the best storylines, closely followed by Black and White. I can't really explain why, those were just the games I enjoyed and got into the most.

Imo, DPPt had the worst ones. The story in those games just didn't grip me at all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I really like the relative simplicity to the storyline in Gold/Silver. It wasn't as bombastic as the stories to Gens III-V, but it added nicely to the barebones story of Gen I. It was simple and elegant, which I liked and admired a lot. None of this 'OMG THE WORLD'S IN DANGER AND ONLY YOU, A TEN-YEAR-OLD, CAN SAVE IT' hyperbole crap that we've been conditioned to expect nowadays. Just a simple journey with plenty of low-key obstacles thrown in the way for good measure.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • For me I really liked G/S/C/HG/SS story the most. Reason; I really liked how you could explore the Johto and Kanto in one game and I really liked Silver the rival. I never liked Team Rocked but in these games Team Rocked seemed more interesting IMO.
    I also liked R/S/E as well, it is my second choice but a close 1st. Especially Emerald. I enjoyed getting involed and seeing what Team Aqua and Magma was up too, and also the gameplay is just awesome.

Years
  • My favorite Pokemon game is S/G but the best story for me is B/W. The story just had more emotion and was much more detailed the the others.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Good question, it could change after B2W2 but currently it's tied between B/W & R/S/E. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline in Black & White, very engaging, detailed and well.. just interesting and then with R/S/E the split Aqua/Magma teams, the weather dilemma and just the way everything turned out was brilliant. They really made their mark with these two games IMO, GSC was okay but it was similar to RBY with the whole Team Rocket taking over.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • It's Between Black and a White and Platinum for me it had so much mire emotion than a trainer going to defeat team rocket or magma or aqua. (Sorry if i offended anyone)
    I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR DIFFERING OPINION!

(Joking :))

For me it's probably one of the first three gens, most likely Gen I or II. I can't decide between the two. Because of their simplicity it seems they're somewhat more genuine than the more recent gens, which come across to me as overdone. I'm not complaining, DPPt and BW had decent storylines. I just couldn't get into them as much.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I think that one area spin offs excel in where main games typically don't is storyline. So yeah, I'm going with Colosseum.
    Exactly. The main series tend to display the most Pokemon and most of the region as possible, while the spin offs can focus on other things, like making interesting characters and, obviously, the plots. I agree that Colosseum had the best plot for the games.

However, a close second would be BW, but there are quite a few plot holes in it, such as the lack of the Shadow Triad, despite how interesting and deep they seemed to be. N's a wonderful character, but one character won't make the plot.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • B2/W2, even though I don't know what they're even saying half the time, lol. Besides that, B/W.

Platinum would be the next. Gen I-III were very, very generic. As much as I love Emerald, I thought those teams were really stupid when it came to their goals.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I've noticed really nobody has talked about pokemon snap, sure it sucked, but hey it was kind of fun, and the story was silly! come on...

Back