• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
    Suprisingly, Whtiney was easy for me!
    I beat her Miltank with a few Seismic Tosses from my beloved Pinsir!
    But Clair was hardest. I wasn't ready for her Surfing and Thunderbolting Dragonairs...

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
    i voted bugsy. back when i was playing gold, i ended up having to borrow a tyranitar that wouldnt listen to me from my brother before i managed to beat him...

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
    It would definitely have to be Whitney for me. Curse that Miltank and it's rollout attack. I honestly don't remember how much trouble/how easy the others were. Guess they weren't hard enough for me to say how hard they were.

SilentHeroX

Battles should be fun!
    Years
    Had to be the miltank and its rollout in my gold version I remember only having quilava and pidgeotto on my team so yeah that roll out killed me the first time. And clair's Kingdra was tough since I didn't have any pokemon that could take it down easilly so she was tough too. Everyone else was easy hope they fix that in the remakes

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Yer, it was Clair for me as she always thunder waved me with her dragonairs, and no matter how much stronger I was it took me forever to beat the stupid Kingdra. And the first time I beat her I thought it was done then their was a sidequest :P.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Yer, it was Clair for me as she always thunder waved me with her dragonairs, and no matter how much stronger I was it took me forever to beat the stupid Kingdra. And the first time I beat her I thought it was done then their was a sidequest :P.
    Lol, once I played Gold for the first time, when Whitney didn't give me her badge I was like "WTF GIVE IT TO MEH" and started talking to her like 8 times, then I surrendered, wanted to go back and...XD

But yeah, Clair was the toughest. And Kingdra was pwnage.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since this is asking about gym leaders in GSC and not HG/SS (since we don't know how hard they will be yet), moved this thread to this section, where it belongs.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    Whitney was really easy for me..
    But when you're doing a monotype challenge using water pokemon.. Jasmine was pretty hard to beat.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    whitney just pwned everyone on my team ( i had to train a machop up to machamp to beat her)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I took me eons to beat Clair. In my second playthrough I caught a Sneasel and was able to pass on through easily though. Also, Falkner is really hard for a first gym leader.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Definitely Whitney / Claire. The high HP and ATK of the Miltank was devastating :\ and her healing skill ticked me off. I hated Fighting Pokémon so I was stuck beating her with things like Clefairy.

Claire, on the other hand, was just hard overall. Dragons don't have many weaknesses, for one, and her move-sets were difficult to counter at the time. I trained all my Pokémon to level 40 and smited her, though. I even got an Umbreon along the way.

Dark-Soul

Darkness...
    Years
    Whitney.

Probably Whitney, I used a load of Potions that's because the damn Rollout her Miltank has and I switched out several Pokémon due to there low PP, because of Miltank's Milk Drink.

After I defeated her, I wanted her to stay crying forever. Hmph.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I would have to say Whitney. (who would have guessed huh?)
    But if you do not count Whitney due to her most annoying Pokemon, Milktank, I would have to say Falkner. This may confuse a lot of you but to players who are new to the Johto region, they may rush through to the game to Falkner with not so strong Pokemon. Which will end up with Falkner whipping you like there is no tomorrow.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    I easily beat the infamous Miltank with Machop, so Whitney obviously wasn't the hardest for me. However, Clair and her Kingdra, that's a different story altogether. In that battle I had to depend on ALL of my underleved pokemon to kill the **** seahorse.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    WHITNEY ONOEZ.

Seriously, that chick took me about ten times to beat because her MILTANK kept OHKOing my Quilava and my poor little Hoothoot. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back