• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better Ho-oh or Lugia?

Which is better?

• Ho-oh

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Lugia

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters

Pixles

BAWWWW PIXLES
Years
  • I never really liked how Ho-oh looked. Lugia sounded cooler to me too, and personally, I think Lugia's moves are better too.

Jarate

The Jar Based Karate
    Years
  • Lugia, though it used to be Ho-oh, when I was young I had a Ho-oh named "Da Boss" on Gold who served me well throughout the entire last half of the game. However, come Generation 3 I've used Lugia more so he's slowly grown on me. Now he's a staple part of my PBR Campaign team.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
  • Lugia, he's always been my favorite! I don't know why I think its just his design and the fact that he is known as the 'Guardian of the sea" sounds awesome to me, but I like Ho-oh as well. But Lugia is my favorite! ^^ I ended up getting SS, not just because of Lugia but because my friend got HG, but I'm thinking about getting HG as well now! xD

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Lugia is better because Ho-Oh is Fire and Lugia is Water. I like Lugia better because it looks cool, strong, and is a great competitor.
    Since when Lugia is part of water type? I know it can use water type moves and dwell in water but don't you forget that Ho-Oh is also capable using electric type attack and some dark type moves.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have always thought that lugia was better. and i bought both games but soulsilver is my favorite mostly because i like the color silver better than gold, doesnt really have anything to do with the legendaries.

but ya lugia is better

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • I demand a "both" option xP

I used to prefer Lugia, but that must have been because we didn't see real Ho-oh yet in the movies >_o
    But, in-game wise, they both are very useful and all
    Now, I love them both because Ho-oh somehow is classy, Lugia's design just didn't make the same effect on me as time passed, and this whole "Ho-oh VS Lugia" thing, I'm still waiting for it x/
    Ho-oh is the Guardian of the Skies, Lugia of the Seas, Ho-oh "created" Suicune, Raikou and Entei, Lugia -> Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. Lugia is psychic, Ho-oh is fire, this make them both cool, type wise x3 And there're many other reasons such as their voice, the fact Ho-oh leaves shiny things behind him when flying, the fact Lugia's got Aeroblast, Ho-oh sacred fire, etc... But that'd be too long xDDD

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • Lugia has Pretty Cool Voice in pokemon movie 2000 and it not only one species in pokemon gen 2 there is also baby lugia and female lugia so i vote lugia but its a only legandry with a child lol .....

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Lugia has Pretty Cool Voice in pokemon movie 2000 and it not only one species in pokemon gen 2 there is also baby lugia and female lugia so i vote lugia but its a only legandry with a child lol .....

That might be why I turned on Ho-oh a little xD
    To me, Legends are legends, but moreover, since when Legendary Pokemon are able to have a baby ? >.o
    When I saw that I was like ".....Ugh."
    That gives a point to Ho-oh, imo xD

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • I've always liked Ho-oh better, ever since I played Gold. I always thought Lugia was cool but Ho-oh just seemed so much more amazing to me (Especially when I was little and used to call it HO-HO) :P

Years

• Opinions are opinions are opinions are opinions, man, people can pick what they want.

Personally, I prefer Ho-oh, as the design, IMO, is much better and stuff. It's not that I don't like Lugia though. ~

lol well all im saying is there are more people that love lugia out there >.> and obviously this poll proves it on a small scale

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I like Ho-Oh WAY more than Lugia. Lugia is overrated and Ho-Oh deserves some love and to not be called a turkey. ;;

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • *sigh*

In my opinon this is a rediculous question. I suppose it makes a bit of sense, but for the most part I don't like it. It's like if I asked "Which is better? The Sun or the Moon?". After all, these two Pokemon are representations of such. In my opinion they are both beautiful creatures with their own pretty qualities.

Colorado Avalanche

Beast Battler.
    Years
  • Lugia is the stronger of the two because it's water and Ho-Oh is fire.

But I prefer to use Ho-Oh because my first game I got was Gold version and it was one of my favorite pokemon games.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    One of the reasons that I chose to buy Heart Gold was because I prefer Ho-oh :b I like its fire-moves and how it looks.

and there you are with your lugia avatar... >:(

Lugia is by far the winner is a stand off. one hydropump and its over, really. Lugia is defensive-oriented stat-wise BUT he has enough power to still kick a**. Honestly, if I wanted fire, i would get cyndaquill. Lugia has areoblast!! AREOBLAST!!!

--for some reason, this looks like palkia vs dialga... spacial rend is a watered down (dragon type though) areoblast and roar of time is definitely a sacred fire copy, if we follow this comparison through. And i STILL prefer Palkia ;D

edit: Lugia looks cool, while Ho-oh has a chicken frill lol

Back