• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Japanese Band?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2012
    Well, my fauvorite band is Morning Musume, also I like Berryz Koubou, Dream Morning Musume and ºC-ute.

So, write down wich is your fauvorite JBand!

Beefinator

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    My favourite bands are UVERworld, Stereopony, Aqua Timez.
    I don't really like rock but if it's J-Rock, then it's awesome!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Only Japanese band I've seen live is Dir en Grey and they were good, have gone off them a bit now though.

Unsurprisingly I hear most of my Japanese music through my cartoons, I guess my favourites from that would be Abingdon Boys School, Rie Fu, Nana Mizuki and Yakushimaru Etsuko. Yes I know most of them aren't bands but whatever.

Years
  • My favorite band is Sakanaction (サカナクション) who I fell in love with after seeing them live. Their wikipedia page says they're "Indie rock, Alternative rock, Electronica, New Wave, Dance, Rock" and I suppose that's a good enough description. They're pretty amazing. Let me show you why with some video spammage.

Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Always been a fan of supercell here, along with a lot of the Lantis singers out of NicoNico, namely Choucho. Maeda Jun composing for Lia or Tada Aoi is always nice, and I'm looking forward to his collaboration album with Yanagi Nagi (nagi). Kalafina is nice for the Kajiura Yuki instrumental. They did a great job with Kara no Kyoukai and Madoka.

Rambling some more: YUI, Kobukuro, Remioromen, Baseball Bear, Galileo Galilei, Falcom jdk Band, sound holic, MARiA/GARNiDELiA, Jam Project, eufonius, mosiac.wav, X Japan, Key Sounds Label, I've, Flow, AKINO, some more I'm forgetting

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Favorite Japanese band..? Probably M.O.V.E., they are a rockish J-Pop band that have rather energetic songs. Things like Blazing Beat, Rage your Dream, or Dogfight are good examples of music that they play. "Rage your Dream" in particular makes me think of summer and beaches for some reason.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • favourite bands, eh..
    i'm a huge fan of supercell. ryo, marry me already~
    seriously though. supercell in collaboration with nagi or choucho is just. RABU.

apart from that, i like Aqua Timez and Nico Touches The Walls a lot! annnd cause i finally managed to get my hands on a CD, i guess you might call me a fan of AnCafé (aka Antic Café) as well.

. . .and apart from that, i usually only get to know new J-bands via intros/outros they do for anime i watch, so.. i'm not really original, i know. XD;

EDIT: ahem. i need to add SID as well! plus Asian Kung-Fu Generation and TommyHeavenly6.
    and Ho-Kago Tea Time.

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh, goodness... I have a lot of favorite Japanese bands :S
    My most favorite one would be SID then because I listen to their songs a lot. I especially love the songs USO and Monochrome no kiss!~
    and they are just plain epic, so yeah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    From 2003 to 2006, I listened almost exclusively to Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, Do As Infinity and L'arc-en-ciel. I gradually listened to less of them, moved more toward D'espairsRay, Dir En Grey, Fact. Then I stopped listening to J music entirely. Don't know why. I'm way out of the loop now, can anybody recommend some bands like the ones I mentioned?

Anyway, I'd probably have to say my favorite is Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I've probably listened to more of them than any other.

Just as I posted, I find a pile of CD-Rs containing everything Gackt released between 2001 and 2006. Which is a lot.

Last edited:

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • There are three Japanese music

Ali Project
    The works of Kenji Ohtsuki

There is one J-Rock band I like, Its like the Gatzee or somethign. I like their music, and think the band members are pretty hot. If you know the name of the band, let me know!

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I love Ikimono-gakari and Perfume, bunch of other non-band artists as well.

Back