• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Johto Starter would you pick in Emerald?

Which Johto starter would you pick in Emerald

• Chikorita

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 64 48.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 44 33.1%

• Total voters

The Red Chain

I think I'll go with Cyndaquil. I love Typlosion so much. ^.^

Typlosion brings back fond memories of my Silver playing days~ :'3

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I will pick Cynaquil. I remember when I was 5 and I got Gold for Christmas that was the first pokemon I picked.

Vice_

Breeder / Team Rocket Member
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2009
    I would either pick Totodile or Cyndaquil. It's a 50/50 split for me :P
    Cyndaquil because of Quilava (one of my top favorite 20 Pokes)
    Totodile because of itself and Croconaw (:

Draknir

The God of Fire
    Years
    I'm a sucker for the Water starter, so Totodile would be my choice if I could complete the Hoenn Dex. But since I can't, I just have to live with it on DPPt.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    At first i thought i would go with cyndaquil since he was my first and fav, and i dont know his moveset in emerald and diamond, but i remember him having huge special sweeping capabilities, without the right moveset.

Unless this is fixed im gonna go with tododile because of its stats and wide moveset

Years
    It depends on the Hoenn starter I picked. If I picked Torchic, I would choose Totodile. If I picked Mudkip, I would choose Cyndaquil. If I picked Treecko, I would choose Totodile(for obvious reasons). :D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'd pick Totodile. His final evolution is pretty good.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Hinoarashi/Cyndaquil. I love that thing. XD I would choose Waninoko/Totodile, but I hate its evolved forms. . =/

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
    Well, I never actually have gotten to taht point in emerald, but I would problably go with totodile, as it's teh only one I don't ahve in pearl...aww, who am I kidding, I'd choose chikorita every time! :3

Back