• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which languages do you speak of?

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
  • I took 4 years of German but all the breaks in between made retaining the language a little too difficult. When a group of us went to Germany, however, I found I can understand it very well. It's just responding that gets me :/

I suppose you could call my English fluent. Although I have some issues with malapropism from time to time XD

๐Chubbyz๐

H e a V e n
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    - Thai *fluent*
    - English *fluent*
    - Japanese
    - Italian * learning at school *
    - Started to learn Chinese xD

Want to Learn ::

- Korean
    - French

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I only speak English and scant Spanish and Japanese. More often I've found it drudgery to learn new languages; it's not because I don't find them in intrigue but because I don't think anyone can be taught languages and feel as fluent with those languages as they could be learning it naturally and from birth. That's just me, though - there are some amazing bilingual folk out there but I find that a good way to teach one language is not to teach them as though you were giving a lecturer of sorts. An assortment of verbatim doesn't mean as much as it could to me if I can't learn it naturally.

Years
  • Finnish: Terve. Nimeni on Larvitar ja olen kotoisin suomesta.
    English: Hi. My name is Larvitar and I am from Finland.
    Swedish: Hej. Jag heter Larvitar och jag är från Finnland.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • English and decent Spanish (only halfway in my second year, though).
    After Spanish, maybe Italian. And, if I to learn another one, I'll take French. But Italian will probably be a breeze after Spanish xD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    English and Mandarin Chinese- the latter being more semi-fluent than actually fluent.

Then Japanese and French are sorta there...? xD;

I'd narrow it to English and Mandarin. Though my favorite language is by far Taiwanese. It has the most hilarious sound to it. xD

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • I'm a language student, so... yeah

Languages I currently study:

• French
    • Quechuan
    • Icelandic
    • Hawaiian

Languages I can speak fluently:

• English
    • Swedish (native)
    • Spanish/Mexican
    • Japanese (incl. reading)
    • Sapmí (second native)
    • Greek

I also understand Danish, Norwegian, Dutch and a lot of Finnish, but can't speak it

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    - English
    - Japanese (Still learning)
    - Some Spanish
    - Some French

Yeah, the French and Spanish are just a few terms I've picked up here and there, nothing too great. As for Japanese, I've been learning it in school for a couple of years, and I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it. xD

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • -Chinese (native language)
    -English
    -Latin (idk whether it counts, since most people consider it a "dead" language)
    -A couple words in German
    -A couple words in French
    -A couple words in Icelandic (mighta forgotten them by now)
    -About 5 words in Spanish (excluding numbers from 1-10, my friends speaks Spanish, so...)

Back