• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which main series region do yo hate the most.

Least favorite region?(main series games only)

• Kanto

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loved them all! ^_^

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Hated them all >.<

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liked a few, hated a few.

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Simple question, which region from the main games do you hate the most? I don't wanna know why; I think this thread would get way too out of control if all of you listed your reasons for hating wherever.

Me? I like Sinnoh the least.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I am stating my reasons regardless.

Most hated to least hated:
    > Sinnoh. It bored me to death.
    > Kanto & Johto are tied, but are way above Sinnoh.
    > Hoenn I have no hate for.

Unova I will not judge, because I have not played Black or White.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sinnoh is not exciting for me at all. I can barely even play DPPt anymore because I just hate that region. Kanto has been redone so many times that it bores me these days as well. And Isshu...is a little linear. But it's not too horrible.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I found Sinnoh to be the most interesting out of the mainstream regions. It's not my favorite, but to me it wasn't a boring region at all.

I can't say I hate any regions in particular, as they were all fun during their own time, but Kanto is my least favorite now. It has been in every generation thus far, and it just got to the point where nothing was changed much from the originals. It became boring, and I just grew out of it. :\ I don't hate it, but I don't like it as much as I used to.

I can't exactly judge Unova myself as I haven't been through the region as of yet.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I hate Hoenn the most because it required the most surfing.

Then Sinnoh.

Then Johto.

My favorite's Kanto.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sinnoh. It was ugly, boring and it seemed depressing. :(

Kanto was boring, but nostalgic. Johto was amazing and always will be (just not the games as a whole in remakes lol). And! Hoenn was... okay. I've just visited it a lot.

As for Unova, I don't know yet, though from the screenshots I've seen it looks amazing.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Sinnoh...for two reasons.

Mt. Coronet and Route 216/217.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I like them all. Ive only played in Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh though.

I love Kanto cause it was the first region and the one Ive most played in.

I love Johto cause of all the different types of Pokemon, colorful citys, awesome routes, and awesome music.

and I love Sinnoh because of the snow mountains and the beach resort and just all of it. Sinnohs awesome.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I hate none of them. Though some of them didn't really have variety. There are aspects of all of them a like and things I dislike, but no region has enough dislikable aspects for me to "hate" a region. (Unova was not included in my decision)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually love all of them. Even though I love Sinnoh and Hoenn the most, what I don't like about the former is that it may get boring after a while and the latter because of the extremely long water routes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hoenn was an absolute chore to try to get through. I don't hate any region, but Hoenn is definitely ranked last among the four that I have experience with. No comments on the 5th gen region with the bizarre name, as I haven't played it yet and might not ever do so.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • Hoenn is my favorite of all. All that story of awakening the legendary Pokémon is awsome! Can't wait to see Hoenn remade (a).
    Sinnoh is next, very creative story following their time-space legend. Loved it too.
    Isshu (Unova) is very nice to follow too, however not so exciting as the ones above.
    Johto and Kanto may have the coolest Pokémon, however their story is not so great.
    Well, to be honest I liked all games, all they have their ups and downs, and I can't rank the best and worst. About stories, I think the order I mention is the one that works for me.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Hoenn was the worse for me due to the generation of pokemon that came with it just were awful and killed it for me.

Years
  • I don't know Unova, so I can't say a thing about it
    I think Hoenn was the coolest region
    Kanto is great too, first region and I still like it a lot ^^
    Johto and Sinnoh are rather boring to me
    But I like Sinnoh the least ;)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Actually I love them all, but the only one that Im tired of playing through is Kanto. No hard feelings lol. My most favorite region to play through would have to be Sinnoh. Given it is the biggest region so far I found it very enjoyable to explore. Give Sinnoh some love people :D

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do not have a feeling of hatred towards any one region, but still, I think Sinnoh was the one I liked the least. I don't really don't know the reason why. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl not being interesting enough is what I think was he primary reason for me.

Back