• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which one is the best electric pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    which one is the best electric pokemon?

raichu or electrabuzz?

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • You should have made a poll, owh well...
    I go with Raichu!! Why? Its Pikachu's evolve form and its awesome... Nuff said...

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    You should have made a poll, owh well...
    I go with Raichu!! Why? Its Pikachu's evolve form and its awesome... Nuff said...

that true that I should have done a poll... didn't think about it :P

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Raichu is good, but I wouldn't evolve pikachu right away. Get it to learn slam at level 20, and then thunderbolt at level 26, as it doesn't learn any moves once it evolves.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Raichu is a far better option than Electabuzz, I would take Jolteon over both of them though.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Electrabuzz. More versatile, can learn Ice Punch, EQ, Thunderpunch, Thunder Wave, and Cross Chop (I believe)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Since we are talking about gba, i choose electabuzz but i'll put raichu's pros. and cons. first.
    [raichu]
    Pros:
    • Great stats in attack, sp. attack, and speed.
    Cons:
    Learns no moves and has a small "movepool" for TM's.

[Electabuzz]
    Pros:
    Has a big "movepool" and can have a great moveset.
    Since it can learn ice punch, it has destroyed its only weakness, ground.
    And since ice punch is special in the GBA games, it will take off a lot because it exceeds at special attack.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2008
    Well I say Raichu over Electabuzz because Raichu learns Focus Punch, Rain Dance to power up Thunder, Iron Tail, Dig, and Shock Wave. It's tutor moves are Dynamicpunch, Swift, and Thunderpunch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    i'm playing fire red and i just saw serebii pokedex on raichu and electrabuzz

raichu doesn't learn thunderpunch or electrabuzz doesn't learn ice punch....

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Serebii, Marriland, all those sites suck. Smogon is the best place to get Pokemon movesets and sets.

Electrabuzz was first able to use Ice Punch way back in GSC.

Oh yeah, Tbolt > Thunderbolt, I remember Buzz has a higher Sp Att, whereas Vire has a higher Att.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    yeah i know serebii is not entirely great but its good for know what certain pokemon level u need to get to get certain move ... but smogon doesnt have that... just a list of moves but no specific level number ... that how i found out that electabuzz doesnt learn/get ice punch in fire red

smogon is just good for their moveset and that mainly it

nothing is perfect...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    yeah i know serebii is not entirely great but its good for know what certain pokemon level u need to get to get certain move ... but smogon doesnt have that... just a list of moves but no specific level number ... that how i found out that electabuzz doesnt learn/get ice punch in fire red

smogon is just good for their moveset and that mainly it

nothing is perfect...

Smogon has that too, with more detail.

Back