• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

Which one of the legendary birds was the hardest to catch?

• Articuno

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Moltres

Votes: 26 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    I think I used a lot of Ultra Balls on Articuno (FR/LG). In Generation I, Zapdos gave me the most trouble. I ended up using the Master Ball to catch it, as I lost my patience. Mewtwo was quite easily caught with 2 or 3 Ultra Balls, though, as Mewtwo was frozen by Articuno's Ice Beam at the first shot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2009
    Articuno. I caught Zapdos in a pokeball, and Moltres in a ultra ball and both I did on my first attempt. But Articuno it took me 20 attempts to catch it. 19 fails, 1 win. Some I just critical hit it, and some I ran out of balls. SO yeah.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    The one I found hardest was Articuno. Not only did it keep freezing my pokemon but it's also the hardest to get to because of pushing boulders into the water which I found very annoying.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    I'd have to say Zapdos, actually! Maybe mine just hates me ):

Great tip for always catching legendaries! Get right up in front of them, and before you click A to start the battle, save the game. If you KO them, run out of balls, run out of pokemon, or one of them other 1,000,000,000+ reasons to not catch them, just turn off the power and start again (:

Also, hitting A+B at just the right second before a PLAIN pokeball (None of the nice expensive ones) will make it a masterball. It won't take on the pretty shape of it, but it will always catch any pokemon. Did this for Mewtoo, and it only took one ball when he was on full power (:

Arcta

Shiny Champion - Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    MOLTRES was the hardest the zapdos but articuno was a breeze (get it ice, breeze) drum roll

LMPVIII

Now accepting B/W battles
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    articuno is the hardest for me to catch. i also hate getting to it...

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    For me, the three of them weren't really that hard to catch. Granted it took me a few times each to finally get them, their wasn't one that stood out as being more difficult to catch than the others.

J a s m i n e ©

Girl Trainer Domination
    Years
    Zapdos pissed me off! It was the hardest to catch for me. I almost ran out of Ultra balls like 3 times. Good thing I saved the game before I battled it because I had to cut the game off and try and catch Zapdos over like 3 times. Articuno was second hardest and Moltres was the easy.

Years
    • ?
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    Articuno. It's always the first one I go for (except when I soft reseted for Zapdos, and later for Moltres), when my Pokemon are generally on a medium level, and Ice is a strong offensive type. All that combined make it Cuno the hardest to catch for me.

Zapdos is simply awesome :D

Moltres is much easier than the former two, since it appears after the 7th gym (by when your Pokemon are much stronger), and you can grab a lucky Endure, leaving it at 1 HP for your catching pleasure.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I actually find Moltres to be the harder one of the three. It took me a while to capture it with an Ultra Ball while the other two was fairly was fairly quick and easy.

I don't know about D/P/Pt, though. :-|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back