• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Pokémon deserved a Mega Evolution?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • No Pokémon "deserves" a Mega Evolution. To me it's clear they aren't going by stats when giving these to certain Pokémon like Lucario and Garchomp.

Charizard needed one badly, I'll give you that, he just happened to be one of the first starters and, considering Megas are supposed to be a force, why not give him different playstyles. The physical one was a work of genius, since Charizard has always had a better physical movepool than special. I mean he learns Flare Blitz and Outrage, both wasted on his meager standard 84 base Attack. With 130 and Tough Claws he becomes ridiculously strong.

I think eventually all Pokémon will have one, but it won't be enough to fix some of them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    What about the new mega Sceptile and Swampert
    They only gave them mega forms because having one starter from gen III with a mega would leave it over powered.
    The other two had to get mega evolutions.

The following I would like to see have mega forms: Milotic, Relicanth, Wailord, Skormory, Ninjask, Dellcatty, Sharpedo, Tropius, Butterfree, Beedrill, Girafarig, Arcanine, Ninetails, Flygon, and Altaria.
    I don't think they will get mega forms, I just want to see what they would look like, their stats, types, and ability.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think Charizard can use a New Megevolution in Pokemon Z that happen to be Fire/Fariy type .
    Spoiler:

Like this But Bigger wing and flame !

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Another Mega Evo for Charizard? It already got 1 more then the other starters, I think 2's enough ;)

Dunsparce should have gotten one though! Something that makes it badass, like Normal/Dragon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I believe that Luxray would be great with a Mega Evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    Mega evolution electivire !

Being the strong powerful and devastating pokemon that electivire is don't you believe that electivire deserves a mega evolution.

I mean if a pokemon like Kangaskhan to have one and not electivire it just sad not that kangaskhan is a bad pokemon but i personally think/feel that it's undeserving of that extra power.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Charizard, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Gyarados of the top of my head didn't deserve a Mega Evolution.

Let alone two in Charizard and Mewtwo's case :|

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Charizard, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Gyarados of the top of my head didn't deserve a Mega Evolution.

Let alone two in Charizard and Mewtwo's case :|

I'm not too sure about Mewtwo, haha. It used to be extremely popular, which has sort of died in recent years. Thankfully, its mega form helped it rise back up again, in some way!

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    It's never been popular, but if Octillery got a decently-made Mega it would be amazing.
    I'm imagining something like a stat spread of 75/105/95/145/115/40. Possible abilities include Infiltrator (its dex entries tend to mention it favours crags, ie trench warfare), Mega Launcher (ironically the M-Launcher boosted attacks are pretty much the only Special moves Octillery DOESN'T get) or, if the heavens aligned, Protean.

With a better special attack stat and Protean, it'd effectively be Kecleon on steroids. Octillery's special movepool is insane - in a single turn it could become any one of ELEVEN types WITHOUT Hidden Power and slam you with a ridiculous STAB. Slap that baby in Trick Room and it's good game.

Alas, M. Launcher is the most likely ability if it were to ever see a Mega - but then, when Blastoise got a mega every M. Launcher move except Heal Pulse was given to it in XY, so Octillery's ridiculous movepool would swell even further.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I would've given Mega Evolutions to Pokemon like Raichu, Arbok, Sandslash, Machamp, Golem, Marowak, Girafarig, Steelix, Donphan, Mightyena, Flygon, Relicanth, Toxicroak, Drapion, Weavile, Gallade, Lilligant, Druddigon, and Golurk.

Also, I think Mega Charizard Y, as well as the Mega Evolutions of Scizor, Tyranitar, Garchomp, and the Lati@s were unneeded.

Years
  • Honestly, I don't think it needs one, but a Mega Crobat would be awesome. Milotic needs one in my opinion, since Gyarados got one.

And... I have to say, I feel for some reason that all those non-evolving pokemon need Mega evolutions too. You know. Tropius, Skarmory, Lapras, Druddigon... the list goes on.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I think that Ninetales should get an Mega-evolution, aside of him being one of my favorite pokémons, a pokémon who went from OU directly to NU truly deserves something to put it back to the top!

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • Milotic, Flygon, Salamance, Metagross, Sharpedo, and Camerupt are gen 3 Pokemon that I feel deserve it.

As for other gens: Luxray, Arcanine, Raichu, Weavile, and Gallade should get them, but probably won't except for Arcanine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    What I think would be cool is if they made the Item Eeveeite wich gave all of the Eevolutions and Eevee mega forms. One stone for multiple mega forms would be cool.

Shy Kairi

Complete Pokedex Dreamer.
    Years
  • Mega Eevee.
    Takes characteristics from all of it's evolutions.
    It would have to stay a normal type though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Mega Eevee.
    Takes characteristics from all of it's evolutions.
    It would have to stay a normal type though.
    Eevee's movepool would have to be massively overhauled for this to work, but I can definitely support Eevee getting a Mega Evolution since the cute lil' thing has very strong ties to stone-based evolution.

Back