• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon do you refuse to evolve?

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
  • Usually if there's a Pokemon I really like whose unevolved forms I prefer (Psyduck, Dragonair, etc.) I usually either don't bother catching/raising them, or I do and just leave them in the PC.

Except for my Slugma. His name is Jello and he's squishy and cute and helps me hatch my eggs. :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Chimchar.

I don't evolve it until it learns Slack Off. Because I tend to capture Budew when I get a Chimchar as my starter, I can still defeat Roark with ease.

Facade + Slack Off by level up? Yes please :D

I also tend to keep Togepi until it's learned all its' moves. Just because it levels faster than Togetic, despite identical level-up movesets.

Oh, and Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Beldum, Gible. I evolve them one level before the lowest level for their final form, i.e:

Dratini -lv.54-> Dragonair -lv.55-> Dragonite. Just because I want my Dragonites and Tyranitars faster.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Well, I never evolve Lickitongue it's evolution is pretty ugly and I don't care much for it's stat increase or learnset.
    Umm, in Ruby for a bit I cancelled my Marshtomp's evolution cause I got a bit scared xD When I saw Swampert I let it evolve..xP
    I prefer Dratini's look over both Dragonair AND Dragonite's, I did try to train one up but it's stats are terrible so I didn't get past level 50.
    There are various pokemon I wouldn't mind not evolving when I raised, but just have because I didn't impulse cancel....(Sandshrew, Pichu, Electabuzz, Scyther, Rhydon, Croagunk...I could probably go on)

Years
  • Graveler, Kadabra, Haunter and friends. When playing on an emulator, I'm generally too lazy to bother with TGB Dual and VBA Link and that stuff, and only will evolve them on rare occassions, like for example when I have like 3 of them on the team. When not playing on an emulator, I don't even have the chance to evolve, so yeah.

Ok, doesn't quite fit the topic, but since this is the only kind of Pokemon I regularly don't evolve... (I have done that Quilava thing in younger years one time or two though)

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • I don't evolve ivysaur, wartortle, dragonair because I don't like very much their evos. Venosaur is ok except for it's face, the other two lost the awesome-looking waves they have; also dragonite is not even a japanese dragon like his pre-evo...So for me is only a matter of design, basically.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Eevee, Quilava, Dragonair, Ivysaur, Wortortle, Haunter, Lickitung, Magneton, Wingull, Rattata, Nidorino/a, Pikachu, Zubat, Magby; probably a load of others. Not that I ever use half of these anyway...

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I had a Squirtle that I had leveled up to 100 from my Blue game (got easier once I traded him to Silver and gave him an Everstone).

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Rattata.
    Not too long ago I cancled the evolution because I had too great of a relationship with him and I had a Three Days Grace song in my head which made me feel sad for evolving him,so I turned off my game and he was my Rattata again :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Shiny!Bulbasaur, Dragonair, Marshtomp.

I'm sure there are plenty of others that I probably wouldn't evolve it on my team or something, but those are the three (that I can remember) that are in one of my games and haven't evolved. :3

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I don't really refuse to evolve any of them, at least none that I remember.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • When I first got Leafgreen way back when Shiny Squirtle was my Starter and he's still Level 5 and in my HG party I refuse to let him battle or evolve or be deposited unless I have to

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
    Years
  • I loved Lotad and Ludicolo, but hated Lombre, so I would'nt eveolve Lotad unless I had a water stone handy so I could evolve it up again very quickly.
    I also hate Togekess. I think it's so ugly. Togetic and Togepi are both awesome, but Togekiss... No. My Togetic will never evolve. Ever. (Espically cus it's on Gen 3 and therefore can't. ;))
    I wuld'nt let Rhydon, Electabuzz, Lickitung, Tangela or Magneton evolve either. Those Evo's are ugly.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • My Pikachu.
    It looks neither cute nor badass as a Raichu, so I'd rather not have it evolve.

I agree, if I need it desperately for my Pokédex, then I would get a new Pikachu that I don't plan to raise. And in Yellow, it CAN'T evolve anyways without trading. xD

Years
  • Any in-game Pokemon that requires a special item that I can only get once or twice (ex. Dusclops), I won't evolve. I don't even play competitively so I won't have any use for those items anyway, but I'm just overly cautious like that. ><;

Back