• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémons would you like as starters?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Dragon/Psychic/Electric would be cool.

Really anything that's not Grass/Water/Fire yet has three evolutionary forms.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Ok, following the pattern we could have starters with the types of:

Rock, Flying, Fighting
    Steel, Flying, Fighting (Steel hits for neutral damage on flying and fighting. Steel > the two others. )
    Grass, Rock, Bug (Rock is neutral on grass, as well as bug is neutral on rock. Grass < the two others, no fair! ;_; )
    Poison, Grass, Ground
    Steel, Rock, Fire

I can't think of anything more, all of these typings are perfectly balanced. Super effective against and not very effective against, there isn't immunity or neutrality in any of these lists.

Sorry for being nitpicky. You are absolutely right on most of this, but it seems like 2 of these 5 does not have that 'balance' that we all would like considering the rock-scissor-paper-thingy. ;)

I would very much like to see a triangle that does include Rock/Flying/Fighting. That would be way awesome. Perhaps even add a Rock-type special attacker!

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    You're right, didn't notice the mistake on those two. I was trying to make sure they all obey the rules of the rock-paper-scissor balance. But I didin't check enough on those 2.

Anyways, a rock special attacker as you said would be very interesting but maybe not too popular, seing that Stone Edge is the best move in the game as some people have said, and it is physical. The best rock special attack so far is Power Gem, which has 70 power. Unless its a fast special attacker, with at least base 85 or 90 Speed, it would be a very interesting Pokémon.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • Dratini, Spheal and Magby. They're the worst matchups for each other, Dratini would be epic on
    Magby, but Magby would be epic on Spheal. Spheal would be epic on Dratini, and they're all part of a 3-part evolutionary line.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I know, but with all that speculation/facts that a 5th generation will come and all such stuff, I'm sure that they will try something new, and due to that, I hope that new special-type rock attacks will come sooner or later.
    Also, I am quite sure that SS Omastar with Rain dance support would enjoy that too. In that case actually, it might even get a boost from UU to OU! ^^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would have to go with eevee...I mean it is so awesome to have and so many evolutions to choose from...but seriously I'd go for Espeon everytime...lol...but yeah eevee should be a starter!

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I enjoy they rock-paper-scissors of the starters of gens 1-3 (Gen 4 wrecked it when infernape hit torterra for SE with fire and empoleon for SE with fight). Therefore I'd like to see a dark-fight-psi matchup for a bit of variation. Of the current pokes, I'd choose abra's line, machop's line and larviatar's line, since all three become potent stage-3 pokemon.
    At the same time... Torterra could hit both for SE as well... and Water-types have always had the opportunity to carry Ice Beam. (Although, I agree, Gen 4 utterly ruined it).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd love to have RALTS as a starter. Allthough it's Psychic, it does have three forms

You can growl your way to victory.
    i'd say that i would enjoy a steel type pokemon as a starter. Maybe Aron, magnemite, or beldum are all three good choices with good evolutions.
    and its pokemon, not pokemons.

Darkaoz

Compulsive Procrastinator
    Years
  • Eevee's like, the perfect starter. It's a normal type, which, in my opinion, starting trainers should start with a normal type and find more types as they go. And, Eevee has so many choices as an evolution. You can have any type of pokemon with it! (Besides steel).

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • You can growl your way to victory.

XD lol well, supposed that they added a tackle or something to little poor Ralts

Another starter that would be nice is Horsea (which also has three evolutions) and Gible

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    A great starter would have to be Skitty,I adore that little kitty to much,I have raised so many in Pearl you wont believe it.

Back