• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon you think it's been forgotten from the anime?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Arbok and Weezing (the Pokemon originally owned by Jessie and James). I wonder what happened to them since they were released? Also, Ash's Pidgeot and Primeape. He said he'd come back for them at some point, but he hasn't.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • I'll stick to Generation I and II pokemon as I'm most familar with those.

Conversely I'll like to point out Pokemon which I've felt have appeared too frequently (excluding any pokmeon owned by any of the main charachters. That'll be pointless)

Too Often

• Slowpoke/Bro - I swear there are like 5 or 6 episodes devoted just to it
    • Gengar - Appears everywhere
    • Jolteon
    • Blastoise
    • Poliwrath
    • Electrabuzz
    • Scyther
    • Voltorb
    • Meganium
    • The Entire Marill family
    • Ursaring
    Too Little

• Kangaskhan - I've only seen it once
    • Tangela
    • Hpyno
    • Seaking
    • Typholosion
    • Granbull
    • Porygorn 2
    • Amphoras
    • Stantler

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Honestly, I'd love to see Porygon Z pop up from time to time. Another one is Mewtwo, or really any of the legendaries. Considering how often he appeared in the series in Kanto to Johto, I'm surprised they haven't had a re-reunion episode with him yet since he erased Giovanni's memory...the imaginary Mewtwo doesn't count!

Years
  • Rayquaza. It usually only ever gets cameos, and that movie, but that was more centred around Deoxys. They made Groudon and Kyogre episodes, so why not Rayquaza?!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Blaziquaza said:
    Rayquaza. It usually only ever gets cameos, and that movie, but that was more centred around Deoxys. They made Groudon and Kyogre episodes, so why not Rayquaza?!

Because the only two villainous teams were Team Magma and Team Aqua. No need to add a third wheel since the whole thing took up only two episodes in total.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Because the only two villainous teams were Team Magma and Team Aqua. No need to add a third wheel since the whole thing took up only two episodes in total.
    Yeah but didn't emerald come out by the time they had the battle so I think they should have made it like Emerald...
    Also Giratina didn't appear to stop Cyrus but it did show up with the other members of it's trio and even it's Trio Master!
    Rayquaza is the only one yet to be seen with the other members of it's trio in a Movie or episode (Raikou was in the same position until the 13th movie)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Emerald was released about one month before the episode. Also, the primary targets were Groudon and Kyogre throughout the entire series. There was no lead up to Rayquaza appearing either so it would've been bad writing (On top of the episodes' bad writing) to include it.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • Porygon? What Porygon? That thing actually exists in anime?! I thought it was only in the games /sarcasm

Pikachu and I don't mean Ash's Pikachu or some other trainer's Pikachu, but a wild Pikachu. Seriously, they cannot be that freaking scarce in the world. Regardless if its Ash's main or not, some wild ones would be nice >:/
    Same goes for Meowth and that's even more common. But since we've hit Isshu now, I doubt we'll be seeing much of either, if their names don't reference Ash or Team Rocket.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Porygon? What Porygon? That thing actually exists in anime?! I thought it was only in the games /sarcasm

This has been pointed out quite a lot in this thread itself, but do you remember the infamous seizure incident? Putting in Porygon again in Anime wouldn't be a good idea as it would be reminiscent of the event. So, Porygon or its evolutionary line isn't going to appear I guess.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Haven't seen Mine jr. pop of of james's pokeball latley (well not through the end of Sinnoh, but we do now know all team rockets pokemon have been left at the rocket base)

I want an episode revolving around porygon-Z (Although that might not happen soon because we haven't seen any other pokemon gen 1-4 pokemon in isshu other then pikachu yet and because of the banned episode with the flashing lights!~)

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Has Porygon EVER appeared after the banned episode? Is that episode really the reason they're not showing him again? What bullocks.

umbreonofdarkness

Part-time Breeder, Trainer
    Years
  • I'll stick to Generation I and II pokemon as I'm most familar with those.

Conversely I'll like to point out Pokemon which I've felt have appeared too frequently (excluding any pokmeon owned by any of the main charachters. That'll be pointless)

Too Often

• Slowpoke/Bro - I swear there are like 5 or 6 episodes devoted just to it
    • Gengar - Appears everywhere
    • Jolteon
    • Blastoise
    • Poliwrath
    • Electrabuzz
    • Scyther
    • Voltorb
    • Meganium
    • The Entire Marill family
    • Ursaring
    Too Little

• Kangaskhan - I've only seen it once
    • Tangela
    • Hpyno
    • Seaking
    • Typholosion
    • Granbull
    • Porygorn 2
    • Amphoras
    • Stantler
    Ampharos appeared in 2 sinnoh episodes, and it must have appeared again before that...(I only watch sinnoh and some hoenn, abd the odd kanto/jonto episode)

Back