• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which Rival is more challenging?

Which is most challenging?

• Total voters

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
  • Probably N, although sometimes he was easy. Bianca was a little difficult with her Stoutland and Musharna, but I always found Cheren a bit of a push over.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i think N would have to be the toughest. followed by cheren. the only part of bianca's team that was a challange was her stoutland and even that was somewhat easy to beat

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Cheren was the only one that ever gave me trouble but nothing too bad.

The girl was the biggest pushover though haha

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Cheren all the way. I beat Bianca every time, N didn't ever give me too much trouble. Cheren was supposed to be the toughest though. Bianca, in my opinion, is there for the starter Pokemon dex enteries on the one weak to you.

How are people being even remotly challenged by Bianca, she was patheticc. Cheren I actually had to pull my event celebi on once, right after beating the fourth gym.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I actually have to say Bianca :( Although Cheren or Bianca never actually beat me, that Haderia/Stoutland gave me trouble >:( Take down/Return is just so beastly on it ;-;

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Cheren is strong .. Bianca is Not that good ..

N is the toughest , is you consider him as a rival ..

Years
  • I think N. He changes his team too often and it might be difficult to keep like. for example, in Chargestone cave a had a lot of trouble with his Ferroseed and Joltik, since I didn't have any fire type pokemon.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Cheren. I actually lost the first battle to him in Black (stupid crit hax) but beat him in White.

Also, lolz at the OP for calling N a rival. Anyway, I pwned him easily without even using any Fighting-type moves.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • N still wasn't ever a challenge. I rolled him every fight. My freind was telling me to be careful when fighting him the last time, and to let him win so I coul take Reshiram and go train on Victory Road, but he died without alot of effort. Biancas dog thing fell to one blow from my starter, which was probably Samurott by the time she gave people trouble, and the hit was just Surf.

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I thought that N was the hardest, mostly for the fact that if I didn't get my Zweillous's dragon rush on his Reshiram(not sure on spelling) he would sweep me like he did the first time when I was unprepared.

Years
  • To be honest i didn't think that the rivals was that hard, when I just made sure to use a good counter for what they had.

If i had to pick one i would say the last battle against N, would be the hardest, with the last one against Cheren coming in at second place.

The reason the seem somewhat easy to me, is that when i was playing Gold when it was just out, i didn't really know much about tactics and how to use this at your advantage, back then i was more a fan of pure power and just having a level advantage, and beating them even if my own pokemon was weak against my rival.
    Which ofc resulted in some harder battles for me.

Lowreh

I'd be Gary if I could
    Years
  • I have to go with Cheren here, purely because he always appears to battle at the most inappropriate times. Even with Reshiram N wasn't especially challenging.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I have to say N. He wasn't hard at all though some of his Pokemon were tough. Changing his team was annoying too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I didn't really have any trouble with the rivals. Cheren was probably the more difficult of the two; I pretty much swept Bianca's team effortlessly every time (which kind of made me feel bad for her). I don't consider N a "rival", but obviously his final battle was tougher than the rival battles.

Back