• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which Rival is more challenging?

Which is most challenging?

• Total voters

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
Years
  • For me, none of the rivals were particularly "challenging" as much as they were obnoxious. I would have to say Cheren was stronger than Bianca though. N... ya he was just a pain. And him having Zekrom/Reshirem made no difference at all

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • As amazing as it is, Bianca's team left me down to my Lampent at 6 HP before I won the battle at Tubeline Bridge. Stoutland KO'd four out of six Pokemon I had there.
    N? He's extremely easy because he's only used unevolved Pokemon (I think). However, I haven't battled him the last time, so who knows. Honestly, though, N having Zekrom (as I own Black) will make no difference whatsoever.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    I love battling N
    All of his Pokemon are the same level, his teams types are predictable (based on location)
    and his VS screen and music completely trumps Cheren and Bel, who share a theme...

but as long as you over-train your team, they're all easy, although Cheren gets annoying since he battles you after almost every Gym
    but hey, he has a level 35 Janovy?
    Meet my Level 65 Daikenki who knows Blizzard

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I repeat, calling N a rival is flame bait. I'm surprised no posts have been deleted yet.

Anyway, as I have not done the full battles yet, I can't really answer now.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • N and Bianca are both always easy to me no matter which starter I pick. My favorite rival is Cheren because I find myself actually using my whole team and having to strategize against him rather than sweeping his whole team with one or two Pokemon like I do with N and Bianca.

Years
  • Cheren by far!! but u don't battle N that often but he is hard....Bianca caused me very little trouble i only lost to her once

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • I think N was designed to be the most difficult, but I'd say he and Cheren are pretty even. Unfortunately Bianca was a bit of a joke.

KillehKiwi

Fluent in Sarcasm.
    Years
  • I'm only on the fifth badge, as I just got the game on either Saturday or Sunday, but so far N. is the hardest. His Sigilyph by the ferris wheel in Nimbasa.... I almost quit playing Black right there, it took me so long to kill it! Cheren and Bianca... they're easy.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • Cheren by far. I've never had any difficulty with Bianca, or if you want to count him, N.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Bianca is probably easier for most because she has the Pokémon that are weak to yours - only if you've kept your starter and possibly the monkey.

Years
  • N and Bianca are both always easy to me no matter which starter I pick. My favorite rival is Cheren because I find myself actually using my whole team and having to strategize against him rather than sweeping his whole team with one or two Pokemon like I do with N and Bianca.

Yeah, Cheren and Bianca are tough. I heard that a lot of users reported that they had lost to Bianca.

|Torch|

Fire Trainer!
    Years
  • I lol never lost to any of them :) but i would have to say..

Which Rival is more challenging?

N = Hard (because he has all the main "good" pokemon)

Cheren = OK (because he has your starters weakness)

Bianca = Easy (because i just had to use Sawk and she would get defeated)

But i would have to say that..

Ghetsis = Hardest (because I was suprised there was a battle after N!)

So he surprised me and was difficult at the same time.

From Torch

Back