• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which saga or region of the anime did you like the best and why?

Which saga or region of the anime did you like the best and why?

• Kanto

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • Kanto Battle Frontier

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Unova

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

Ideals

Ethereal
Years
  • Unova, I'm really enjoying this saga, I love this trio and I like all the episodes up to now

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Johto. Old enough to be... well.. old. But it was so new as well~ And it had a lot of "refreshing" (?) pokemon... not the word I was looking for, but its close~

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I like Unova, by far. There's something about how everything was redone that makes it really appealing to me. Ash catching so many Pokémon and actually rotating them through his party is a win for me as well. The new characters, setting, and everything make me absolutely love it. I'm so happy they made a fresh start in the series.

Plus it helps that Black and White are my favorite games so far. XD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've gone for Johto. I love the Indigo League obviously, but I think I do prefer Johto overall. Although I've never seen any of the anime from Hoenn, so that could change when I finally catch up.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    I liked Sinnoh because it's really when I actually delved into liking pokemon. I did play the Ruby/Sapphire games casually as well. I watched the anime that my brother recorded back when it was the first season =).

So...

Hoenn/Sinnoh Representative <3

But remember:
    Maybe you don't like the new series, is because you're getting older as you watch them. You don't like the style anymore. If you were still young, I'd bet you'd still like it. Watch it with a child's heart and mind.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • For me, it is the Kanto saga. It has the most drama, and most interesting to watch. The characters are not plain weird ones, and the Pokemon are really good.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
    Years
  • I like Kanto the most. It had Sabrina (my favorite Pokemon and Video Game character), Mr. Psychic (her dad) and it was at it's height, you couldn't go anywhere around here in the late 90s and early 2000s without hearing or seeing something Pokemon-related. Everyone I knew was either watching Pokemon or DragonballZ and I would watch Pokemon in the morning and DBZ after school. I like how Pikachu grew to Ash, also Team Rocket was fun to watch before it became redundant. I do like the Best Wishes saga so far, but still Kanto will always be the best to me.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • I like Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Kanto and Jhoto because of Misty and a Good Story. Hoenn for Contests and May and Max (Double M!) and Sinnoh because of a GREAT story, cool pokemon, and good characters. Unova? I watch about the first few seconds of it, then I change the channel, I don't like anything about it. Sorry.

Years
  • Warning: The following post is way too long, uses too many semi-colons (among other things), and is the opinion of someone that, along with his best friends, quoted Mewtwo for their senior-quote in high-school (i.e. Very Opinionated Pokémon Fan) .

Personally, I liked the Original Kanto series more, because it was new, Ash's only accomplishments were his Gym Badges, Misty and Brock still had pull (Pull=they mentioned it a few times when someone came to battle . . . like twice) as Gym-Leaders, and Ash's goal was set: The Pokémon League! Plus, I found it more entertaining. He was the best of friends with his Pokémon and his companions, and he got his butt handed to him sometimes by his opponent. But Ash got right back up, and used his mind (and Brock's and Misty's) to overcome his obstacles. It was three friends (not including the pokémon) traveling together, doing what they did, and liked best. Even the opening theme was amazing . . . and it fit so well, Ash ALWAYS said he was going to become the best Pokémon Master . . . later he did it sparingly, but in Kanto he ALWAYS said it, and the opening theme went perfect with that concept.

Then, I like Johto. It wasn't as entertaining to me as Kanto, but they tried a couple of new things that I genuinely felt worked well. The Narrator kept saying he was on his way to Johto (even though he was IN JOHTO) was really annoying. I felt mad when Ash left his Charizard; He trusted his Pokémon, he befriended his pokémon, he CARED for his pokémon . . . then he just left Charizard there because he accepted the fact the Charizard wasn't the strongest Charizard there was . . . of course he's not!, but you'd find a way to win with him anyway! It's almost like he lost his will after he made it to the Indigo League and he kept acting like he was just a Master going after another trophy.

I enjoyed the Orange Islands. I liked Tracey, but I think it would have been better if Tracey didn't temporarily replace Brock, so much as become a temporary fourth companion. I think Brock and Tracey would've worked well together. *Insert joke about Brock asking Tracey for pictures of Nurse Joys here*

Advanced Gen. lost it for me. At first I was accepting . . . "Okay . . . Misty isn't here, but she'll come back. Besides May is alright." And it was okay. . . but for some reason, Ash still acted like a rookie. I do have to admit, WHY follow Gary's example and leave all your pokémon. Ash repeatedly proved that he was better than Gary; Maybe not against Gary, but Ash performed better than Gary since day one. He won gym badges without having the rest that Gary had, he made it farther in the Indigo League, he won the Orange Islands Cup-a-ma-bob, and yet he still felt the need to leave ALL the Pokémon with Oak. I'm all for sending them to Oak after you catch a new one, but really, If Brock or Misty had kept accompanying Ash until he was already in Hoenn, he would've at least kept the ones that could've helped.

Years
  • Kanto. It was a fresh, creative saga with endearing characters and outstanding humor. In my opinion, there will never be another Pokemon saga at its level of greatness.

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
  • Kanto and the Orange Islands series are my favorite. The first seasons had be eager to watch and see what was going to happen. Everything was so fresh and new! The music, the battles, the characters, and the Pokemon will always hold a special place in my heart. The series wasn't as childish (yes, I know it's always been aimed at children) as it is today. I gradually started losing interest during Johto because it just wasn't going anywhere and had too many boring filler episodes. Everything else after that is very boring and bland to me.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I like the Johto saga. Johto has always been my favourite region. I don't like how when Ash leaves to go a new region, he leaves all the Pokemon he caught from the previous region behind. That's why I like the Johto saga, he takes some of his Kanto Pokemon with him to Johto and Misty and Brock were still with him. I miss Misty and Brock as well as Ash's Pokemon that he caught in Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto. Any saga after Johto pretty much sucks in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I happened to like the Hoenn saga a lot due to the theme with Ash leaving behind his old Pokes to go find new ones not being as bland as it is now which I did find to be rather interesting at the time.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    My favorite regions where Kanto, Hoenn, and Unova. My favorite Pokemon where introduce with the arrival of Hoenn(Latias, Latios, Metagross), and Unova (Haxorus) and Kanto was the region that started it all and holds most of the best moments in Pokemon.

Like in Episode 1: "Pokemon I choose you" When Ash has to save Pikachu from a flock of angry spearow (whom of which the spearow he hit over the head with a rock belonged) only to be in the end saved by Pikachu who was so moved by the fact that Ash would stand his ground against such odds on his behalf despite how hard he made things for Ash in the beginning. Another moment that I liked was Ash battle with Sabrina, lol she totally wiped the floor him. Poor Pikachu first having his own thunder/bolt or shock(can't remember exactly) in shape of a dragon turned against himself, than made to dance like a puppet just before being tossed up and down from celling to floor like a rag doll by Kadabra. Just to name a few. The regions that followed where good but they paled in comparison to Ashes adventures in Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I had to stop watching half way through the Orange Islands, so I voted for Kanto. I've had the urge to start watching again. The DVDs don't seem to be abundant on Amazon UK either. :(

Years
  • Out of all the ones I've saw it just has to be the Orange Islands.
    I loved Charizard growing, and its the only one that ended with Ash, finnaly winning.
    Its a new place to explore, and the gym leaders were not fighting and using the Pokemon in other scenarios.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Kanto , Orange Islands and Johto were the true golden days of Pokemon.

Hoenn was ok but it suck, May and Max characters weren't as good as Misty and Brock, Torkoal and Glalie weren't really that strong on Ash's Hoenn team,he left all of his good old Pokemon behind for bland ****** new ones. Sinnoh was so damn terrible to begin with Cynthia was just there for fanservice and the rest of the saga was nothing like Pokemon at all. Unova brought a much better rival for Ash which is Trip,the BW series is more better then i thought it feel like the old days of Pokemon it have a Kanto like feel to it.

Back