• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen which starter did u choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbkid

The Collector
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    I chose Chimchar because I've always had a thing for fire type starters.

I chose Turtwig, but I ditch my starter for better pokemon pretty quickly.

Haha I always feel bad when I do that. Like somehow I'm doing something bad to them.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    The very first time I chose a starter Pokémon for Diamond was Turtwig. However, I reset my game and chose Chimchar; mainly because his last evolution looks cool.

Marburg

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    I chose Turtwig, because I like Torterra. It's kinda weird, because I almost always go with fire starters and kinda hate grass pokemon, but...that's how awesome Torterra is.

Scizor54

Water pokemon lover
    Years
    I've always been a huge fan of the water starters, so I chose Piplup. And Empoleon is just awesome.=)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Prinplup. The dual steel/water typing of empoleon is great except against sunnyshore. Cant touch that gym with him otherwiase its a great choice!
    My Empoleon is Adamant nature(I don't if I'm lucky or unlucky), but that gave him the chance to learn Earthquake.X]
    I chose Piplup, but I got the other two onwards...

I can never get rid of my starter. I feel like I'm going to hell If I do :(
    I agree, my starter gives me precious memories. Like my Squirtle on FR, he is easily getting poisoned, but don't know why. So it gave me hard time in Vidirian Forest.;)

Last edited:

Devilware

Super Man has nothing on me
    Years
    Piplup, Mainly because it turn's into Empoleon which has a major sp.Attack especially with a modest nature.

It could demolish a Torterra with an ice beam and slam an Infernape with a surf, shame about it's poor speed but all the same ^-^

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    i chose charchim(that was his named)
    i thought the name was lame so in his last evolution i named him Charmape

Years
    Well for me it was a very hard desion i love monkey turtles and penguines (im not a good speller) it took so long for me to desied so i thought about it i did some research on all of them and in the end turtwig came up on top and know i now i have all three of them and i think i made a great choice with turtwig

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back