• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen which starter did u choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2008
    Piplup, Mainly because it turn's into Empoleon which has a major sp.Attack especially with a modest nature.

It could demolish a Torterra with an ice beam and slam an Infernape with a surf, shame about it's poor speed but all the same ^-^

ohhh mawwww empoleon is king.....i wouldn't use surf though probably hydro pump

you need a pokeslave for surf

atleast thats what i was told

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    i picked chimchar since i never picked the fire type. i picked bulbasaur and squirtle, then totidle, then treecko. so its been all water and grass

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    To be honest. First time through i chose Piplup. Then i got bored of Empoleon and decided i would use Chimchar. Then i got bored of Infernape ( I only got him to like level 42 ) and Chose Turtwig. He has been my best so far. Now i have restarted once again and i chose Piplup again.

Years
    usually on my first play through i usually chose the fire starters and then on my other playthroughs i really go for what ever, i think im going to try piplup next

Blue Sapphire

Fire-type Lover
    Years
    I first chose Piplup in my Pearl but then I restarted the game because I got bored and I didn't catch Azelf then. I chose Chimchar and he's now a level 86 Infernape.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    I always chose the fire pokemon, but in FR, i chose squirtle because it was easiest on the first gym, which always annoyed me.
    I hated Brock's gym, but i like Brock in the anime.

Al.Long

Just too cool to care :)
    Years
    Piplup
    it's just too cute :)
    realistically, i shoulda got infernape
    it's the strongest one
    but i could never resist a little blue penguin :3

Years
    I choose TURTWIG. And they sure do well in the main story. And Turtwig has some cool Egg moves, too, for when I get a female.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    I would agree. I chose chimchar because monkeys are awesome. a fire monkey is even cooler. I also like to say monferno (moan-fair-no roll the r) and infernape (een-fair-na-pay again, roll teh r) with spanish accents. It sounds way cooler. otherwise, i stopped using infernape because i didn't like the fact taht he was fighting/fire type.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Chose Piplup in Diamond (I couldn't resist the cuteness of the penguin) and Turtwig in Pearl.

~2009 YotH

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    How did this thread escape my notice. We had a thread like this a long time ago, but the Moderators decided it was no longer needed.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back