• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I chose Chikorita in my last play through, because my last play through was a tribute to my first play through of Crystal.

Those times were great. There's more than just nostalgia that's great about it.
    Moreover, I like Chikorita, Bayleef, and Meganium a lot.

I'm on my way to soloing Red with my Level 79 Meganium alone.
    Oh, and no hold items, no item usage, no cheating, and maybe not even another Pokemon to support.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I am on my third play through as I try to pick each starter once. I am on Chikorita and I'am not impressed by it. in fact I think it will be replaced later today I had hoped for this to be my last play through you know complete the dex and all that but I don't know I might have to go back to totdile.

FlameDancer

gif ****.
    Years
    I chose Cyndaquil because that's the starter I chose back then. And I am glad to play with him again with new abilities, skills, etc. :D

Trace1992

Captain of Squad 12
    Years
    im probably going to choose cyndaquil when i get it i did in the first johto game and i will do it again hehe

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    During my first run through HG I choose Chikorita, Evan Onn.
    During my second/current run, I choose Typholsion, Solan.

I still have them both, but they don't see the outside of their box as much as I'd like them too.

Years
    It was a hard choice, because I like all three of them. But my favorite starter is Cyndaquil. So, I chose it and got a male. I always get male except for that one time in HeartGold, I got a female Chikorita.

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Totodile, don't know why, i usualy go for the grass but the prospect of doing the Johto gyms with a grass pokemon didn't appeal to me (NOT grass friendly!).

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    My mother (I asked her to pick XD) chose Totodile on HeartGold (then the game broke) so I changed to SoulSilver but kept Totodile. I didn't know certain Pokemon were easy or hard because it was random XD.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I chose chikorita, because I like how bayleef bowls about with blunts round its neck, and I planned to get charmander and mudkip after I beat red.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    Since it was some kind of "honor/nostalgia" mix, I chose Cyndaquil, the same as on the old Gold. Eventually I won a Chikorita from a friend, and later a Totodile through GTS.

After Red, my choices were Squirtle and Mudkip. Already got Bulbasaur, Charmander and Treecko, thanks to GTS.

And on 5th generation, Mijumaru for sure!

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I chose Chikorita for the beginning, Squirtle for Kanto, and Torchic as a Hoenn starter. (Because I already had a Mudkip, and while Grovyle is awesome, Sceptile isn't IMO)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back