• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
  • i chose turtwig because it has better stats than the other two. Well it has best attack and defense and special defense. It also has best hp. And even though it is slow you can use it to its advantage like curse and other moves.

Nathaniel.

is here
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    I choose a different starter every time, but I do prefer Turtwig on the other two starters.

Slymo123

The Player of with Fire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I used Chimchar beacause in my Pearl I beat the game easily with Infernape.

monsutafangs

тнαт вσу ιѕ α мσηѕтєя~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I chose Piplup :) Who is now a Lvl100 Empoleon called 'Gaurdian' <3.!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I chose Chimchar in Pearl simply because I like Fire Pokemon and monkeys. It wasn't until I began playing through the game before I realized how valuable he was, since there really wasn't much options for Fire Pokemon. And I always have one on my team.

In Diamond, I chose Piplup. I really have no fully-formed opinions on him yet, since I haven't really played Diamond all the way through like I did with Pearl.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I chose Chimchar.
    Never really go for fire starters normally & I love Chimchars evolution line :)

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Piplup | Chose him because I always did prefer the water type starter, and Empoleon has an unusual typing for a starter.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Chimchar.
    Just the usual fire type chooser, I guess.

Jabberwocky

A man ain't nothin' but a man
    Years
  • I decided to break from my choose-the-Water-starter routine and choose Turtwig in Pt.

Best. Choice. Ever.

Back