• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
Snivy is the Starter I chose in my Japanese run and Oshawott is the one I chose in my English run, when I bought the games when they came out. Though I obtained Tepig via trade, I've never used it, because I'm not fond of the fact that its (the Fire-type's) evolutions are once again Fire/Fighting.

I was kind of hoping for a pure Fire-type Starter, much like Snivy and Oshawott remain as when they evolve, but I guess they thought we hadn't had enough of the same dual-type since Generation III.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
For the two times which I've actually played through the game, I've planned on dumping the starter Pokemon, and decided to go with Oshawott. I chose Oshawott mostly to follow closely to the anime (Ash has an Oshawott which came from Prof. Juniper) and to battle Cilan.

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
Years
Servy. I love grass type. For every generation except Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, I've chosen grass. For Kanto it was Charmander, Hoenn it was Torchic, and Sinnoh it was piplup.

I mainly choose on cuteness, but none of the starters in Unova were really that cute, so I just chose the grass type.

Almost Me

WHEEEEEEEEE
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2011
Snivy, because it's cool. But I abandoned it because it sucks so hard.

Back