• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
  • Oshawott as I fell in love with him after watching the first couple of Black/White episodes. I normally go with the fire starter but Tepig just didn't do it for me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I chose Tepig and regretted it. Never have I found a worse Fire starter in the history of Pokemon. I then restarted, chose Snivy and fell in love.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Wow and i though tepig was the popular one looks like im the underdog here XD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I picked oshawott since snivy and its evo's have bad stats and a weak against everything, and Fire/Fighting is like old now. In my opinion, blaziken was the only good Fire/Fighting. And who cant love a sea otter?

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Every game I've had I've always went for the fire starter first.
    Since B&W were full of changes I thought I'd change too and went with Snivy.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Snivy! But it is really a tie between Serperior and Samurott..

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I picked Oshawott because I have a strange tendency to pick the water-type starters, and I wanted to fight Cilan, though I obtained Snivy through a trade with my brother later.

Years
  • I picked Snivy, mostly because I think it looked the best out of the three, especially it's final evolution. But it still served me quite well.

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    I chose Snivy because it was my favourite out of the three. I named it Leaf Blade. Little did I know that there was a Grass Type Move called Leaf Blade.
    "Leaf Blade used Leaf Blade!"

Years
  • On my first playtrough I chose Oshawott, but on my second one I chose Tepig and I really like Tepig and his evolution line more than Oshawott and his evolution line.

~Touko

Haxorus Breeder ~ #1 Axew Fan
    Years
  • Tepig. #1, I think its adorable. #2, the last evolution is beast. #3, I can breed Bruno and name one of the babies Porkchop. #4, its the least picked of the three. And #5, its the fire starter. I almost always pick fire starters.

Bruno and I are goin' all the way, were a flawless team, him and me. <3

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I chose Snivy because everyone was making fun of how weak it was and I wanted a challenge. Turns out it isn't that weak and it's by far my favorite grass starter. I call it Beelzebub XD

Years
  • I think Oshawott's the cutest, but I chose Tepig because I am a fire trainer. I don't really give myself much of a choice. I think Tepig's evolutions look the best compared to the others though—and I don't like any of them, haha.

My Emboar will always have a warm place in my cold heart.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I chose Snivy because everyone was making fun of how weak it was and I wanted a challenge. Turns out it isn't that weak and it's by far my favorite grass starter. I call it Beelzebub XD

I agree, I hated how everyone said that. I started my first game with Tepig, because I liked to be different because many people chose Osh. But in my White version, I started with Snivy because I too wanted the challenge.

Back