• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll get all of them early on in the game via trading, but as for the ones that will be my "official" starters, I plan on using Oshawatt for my main game (whichever one that is) and Snivy for my other game. I've gone with the water starter on my main game in every generation, and I don't plan on breaking that tradition, plus, I just like the look of Oshawatt and its evolutions a lot. Snivy is my second-favorite starter (I really don't like the look of Tepig's final form), so that's who I'm going with for my second game.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Interesting. Ever since Oshawott's final evolution was shown, Tepig's popularity has plummeted. xD I remember when people hated Oshawott 'cuz it was so "ugly". :P
    I know, tell me about it. I love Oshawott in the anime too. Now hopefully Ash actually evolves it. Judging from Oshawott's character in the anime I'm sure he will.

Why doesnt anyone like Tepig? is it because its name sucks real bad? i've already played through all the starters. Osshawott's last ev is the best long run, but for battle's tepig's last evo IS A BEAST. SO TEPIG FTW
    Tepig just doesn't really appeal to me, but I'd definitely take Tepig over last gen chimchar.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2016
    Im stuck between pokabu and oshawott, but I think ill go with oshawott. This is my first time with a water starter

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Either Snivy or Oshawott, one of those two. Most likely Oshawott for Black and Snivy for White.

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
  • I'll be picking Oshawott; it's just really adorable!
    Also, I'm suprised that Oshawott has more votes that Tepig -I thought people loved the generic Fire-type stuff of being strong and stuff? :l

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • I suppose Oshawott, simply because his final form seems to look the coolest. Once the competitive play really kicks up I don't imagine any of them will be getting used.

Back