• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

conesorcups

Elite 4 Trainee
Years
  • I'll probably choose oshawott :) Water-type pokes are one of my favorites. However, I kind of want to choose Snivy so I can improve on training grass pokes. Despite who my starter pokemon is, i'll definitely trade for them all through trading.

Years
  • I am picking Tepig. It is my favorite of the starters and it is really cool. I can't wait to have my own Emboar. I am going to name it Blaze. I am choosing it because I want this adventure to be like when I choose Charmander back in Pokemon Red.

My brother is going to be choosing Tepig, because that is his favorite too. Our Tepigs are going to be rivals.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    None of these starters are very good sadly, their stats and movepools just aren't that great to me.

I'll probably pick the one I like and box it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oshawott.

Whilst all final forms apart from Tepig's evolution need to grow on me yet, I prefer the otter. Tepig has identical typing to the last two fire-type starters, which ruins it a little. I dislike snakes too, and prefer offensive pokémon.

Also, it's the most useful, and I doubt I'll manage to get that cool water turtle in time.

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • I like all three starters this time but I will be picking Tepig, I always start witg the fire pokemon.

soϲks

da grovyle
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    I picked Snivy a long time ago and I'm sticking to it, though I still don't like the fact that Serperior is just a slight edit from Rhyperior. :/

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    ill be picking mijumaru . i didnt really like until i saw it on best wishes , pluse with moves like dig and xscizzor it can be effective against its weaknesses

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • I'll be picking Snivy :3. It's just so adorable, like Oshawott. But Snivy has the best evolution designs of all three starters. But so far for Black, I'm picking Snivy and when the 3rd game comes out, I'll pick Oshawott.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    No contest. My main game, White, will get Oshawott. Black will get Tepig.

I'm really conflicted about the third game, as I don't like to use two of the same Pokemon on different teams simultaneously, and I hate Snivy and its family. So, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe, for the first time ever, I'll drop my starter?

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • I've been enamored with Snivy's line since I first saw them.

Which starter did you pick?

Cyb3r0t4ku

Unova Elite
    Years
  • I chose Mijumaru/Oshawott in my Japanese version - of the three starters the final form is sweet. Tepig was disappointing - a hardcore Warthog or something would have been awesome for final form!

Years
  • I'll choose Tepig. I like his appearance and power he gets upon evolving.
    Oshawott... He's TOO cute, like it makes him ugly.
    Snivy. Last form packs Defense and Speed which is propably the worst combination there is... There isn't much you can do with him.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I'm going for Oshawott in Pokemon White and Snivy in Pokemon Black. I've always preferred the Water- and Grass-type designs. :B I do really like Emboar, tho. I like the Korean-inspired motif across his belly. :3

eta: or rather, Chinese...

flinjager123

Steampunk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2018
    Tepig

I loathe the looks but Emboar is totally broken compaired to the other starters. He's fast and powerful in both attack and sa.

Back