• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter for Fire red?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    hmmmm

pick squirtle because the its powerful in the fisrt 2 gyms and if you teach it TM - Ice beam you'll dominate on elite four dragon tamer...

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Bulbasaur is the easist starter to play through with because it can breeze through the gyms (well most of them); Squirtle is second, and Charmander is the hardest. =/

However, I always pick Charmander. It's just me. And I have no problems whatsoever. It's just personal preference.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hmmm...
    Guys, you say Metal Claw, but do you know how hard it is when you're only level 13 or 14? Charmander has craptacular Attack stat. It's only any ease when you kill wild Pokemon like mad and all trainers to get to lv 15 or maybe evolve by then.

Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard
    They're good, and look mad as hell.
    But, you'll probably have the most trouble getting through the first part of the game.
    It has pretty good stats and a movepool worthy of competitive battling.
    BUT! It's stats only back the Fire moves. Most of it's other moves are Physical, which it doesn't have as much stat in.
    Originally, I loved Charizards, favourite Pokemon at one point but they're getting overrated.

Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastoise
    They may say this the "average" one overall, but believe me it isn't. Look, I went in to Brock's gym (I used hacks to get Seismic Toss) with a lvl 6. Came out with a lvl 8. Healed. I went back in and came out with a badge and a lvl 10. Easy, no?
    Anyway, it's very definitely my favourite choice nowadays. It's got comparatively lower stats but has a wicked movepool to back it (all water types have both Ice and Water move coverage).
    It's one of the best water type in the first 386 (exculding legendaries).
    Oh, and what other starter can beat Lance as easily?

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
    Well, I can't say much, I never really used these guys. I only used them in playing RijonAdventures 2008 Beta. It only went up to Moraga Town so...I didn't get a real feel for it.
    But, from what I know, it's still a good Pokemon.
    There aren't a lot of grass types, even less good ones.
    Only the starters, Breloom and maybe a few others are any good in competitive battling.

Overall I'd choose Squirtle.

I know this isn't relevant but Sceptile is awesome, better than all of them!

Back