• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter Is The Best Choice?

Which Starter Is The Best Choose

• Totodile,Croconaw,Feraligater

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • Chikorita,Bayleef,Meganium

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Cyndaquil,Quilava,Typhlosion

Votes: 65 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Fun Cat

The Most Adorable
Years
  • Cyndaquil is easy mode, hands down if you are trying to rush the game. That is also the starter I picked because I want to run though the game. But then again, best for what? There are a lot of different things to consider when you are going for trying to pick the best, different factors and ect. I still stand by my point, if you want an easy time, Cyndaquil, if you want alittle more of a challenge, go with one of the other two.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I always go with Cyndaquil. Not because it's easy because I use all my pokes. So my starter only makes it easy or hard at the beginning. But I looove the way Qualava and Typhlosion look. So pwn.

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
  • Cyndaquil is the best choice out of 3... because it has high Sp.Att and Speed.. goes well with Flamethrower and Eruption...
    the other 2 are slow, so Waterfall with Totodile is a waste...

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • In my opinion, Totodile. I love that little guy! But I think someone should pick which one they like the most and not base it on stats.

Challenger

The Challenger
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    There technically isn't a best starter as each of their stats all add up to the same number, but if i had to pick which one i'd have, it would have be Chikorita purely because everyone underestimates its true power. (They don't know how to use them)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i'd say that there is a natural advantage for the fire starter in most games, and in this one, cyndaquil remains the best choice, having an advantage on the second, fifth, and seventh gym leaders, and not a single disadvantage against ay gym leader, and the fire starter is almost always stronger...

dkmec20

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    The best choice is Cyndaquil because it has good special attack and good speed. Also because fire type starters are easy to raise.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • It depends really, there is a lack of fire-types until after the 3rd gym, if you are unable to trade anyway, while grass and water are rather common... Though Meganium is stronger than a lot of other grass types, and Feraligatr has a great mix of attack and sp. attack, which Typhlosion also has, and again, with the lack of fire types, Cyndaquil is generally the best to start with, and it makes leveling well over the first gym leader easy once you get to Sprout Tower, though if you choose one of the others, and have a flying type before you get to Sprout tower you intend to use, that's a great place to level them up as well...

tl;dr-
    Cyndaquil-Great speed and sp. attack and good attack, moderate in other stats, lack of fire types before the fourth gym.
    Meganium-Better than most other grass types, but not by much.
    Feraligatr-Good sp. attack, better attack, moderate in all other stats, the sheer availability of water types with barely lesser stats also makes it not very ideal, but still a great pokemon.

N Harmonia

A Changed Being
    Years
  • In-Game? Meganium is easily the worst thanks to the Gym Leaders in Johto.

Competitively? Feraligator and Typhlosion are about tied FME.

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
  • Typhlosion because of it's stats, I'd say.
    Though Meganium is awesome too. D:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • deffinately cyndaquil. its actually a fact that the fire starter of any region is the strongest for some reason, and it has an advantage against more gym leaders then the others...

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • Yeah Cyndaquil would probably be choice more often then not. I always like to use Pokemon with a high special attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back