• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter Is The Best Choice?

Which Starter Is The Best Choose

• Totodile,Croconaw,Feraligater

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • Chikorita,Bayleef,Meganium

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Cyndaquil,Quilava,Typhlosion

Votes: 65 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    To tell the truth, I don't think any of them are 'better'
    You always find a stronger pokémon than your starter, for example, on white, my starter ended up being about 10 levels lower than the highest level.

If I had to say, it would be the fire one. He makes the game so much easier. :P

Years
    I don't know about the best, but I always pick Cyndaquil since Typhlosion is my favorite fire type. Totodile would be my second choice, it's cute. :)

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
    cyndquil [leuge/gymwise] because it's weaknesses don't came into the gyms until the fight gym

Years
    I love cydaquil and co but tododile's an alligator! chicorita's... meh.

that's the feeling you get when you're with these pokemon.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    I picked Chickorita, seeing as Grass types are my favorite..AND THEY ARE GREEN <3. But, as many others have said, its relatively weak throughout the game (as with all grass type starters it seems (>3.3)> ) compared to totodile and cyndaquil. Cyndaquil is your best choice if your new to the pokemon games and still arent very good at battling and st00f. Totodile id go with if you want a challenge but not over kill like chickorita where you nearly throw your game out the window in frustration nor uber easy wit cyndaquil. It pretty much comes down to preference, choose the one thats cutest, or coolest looking, or whatever type you like best. And if you dont like it, you can always restart XD.

Years
    It really depends on what sort of game you want to play. Choosing Chikorita would make the game more challenging, as you're weak to a lot of the gyms. Cyndaquil has the biggest advantage out of the three in regards to gym battles. It honestly doesn't matter, you can catch Pokémon of the same type in the wild to replace the starters you didn't get, and with a well-rounded team you're at no disadvantage no matter which starter you picked.

My personal favourite is Cyndaquil, just because the Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion evolution line is one of my favourites.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    45% of boys would pick Cyndaquil. 45% will pick Totodile. 10% will pick Chikorita.
    90% of girls will pick Chikorita. 5% will pick Cyndaquil and 5% will pick Chikorita.

Magicsaur

Code Hero
    Years
    Totodile, hands down。 There's nothing better than a midget crocodile as your companion. :P

Years
    I chose Tododile because it is one of the easiest pokemon to use towards the end, withit being able to learn Ice Fang, which is a huge advantage with the E4.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've tried beating the game with all the starters and I'd say Totodile would be the easiest to beat the game with. Even tho it's pretty weak in the beginning, it's fully-evo is pretty strong.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    45% of boys would pick Cyndaquil. 45% will pick Totodile. 10% will pick Chikorita.
    90% of girls will pick Chikorita. 5% will pick Cyndaquil and 5% will pick Chikorita.

That's sexist and honestly I'm slightly offended. Two of my closest friends are male and love the Chikorita line.

I personally prefer the Totodile line. Feraligatr is one of my favorite Pokémon and I've honestly found it infinitely more useful than both Typhlosion and Meganium put together. :>

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Even though I recently restarted my HG game, I went with Totodile again because Feraligatr is just better through the game. Before I had my own copy, I played my friend's SS and he chose Cyndaquil which of course evolved into Typhlosion. When I reached the E4, it was dreadful D: Barely managed to beat Lance...even Bruno and Karen at that >.<

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
    Well i played with Cyndaquil because I like fire types, then transferred everything over to my Pokemon White, now i have restarted and im replaying it with a Chikorita. I will do the same with Totodile once im finished for a second time.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2012
    totodile is more stronger,and in elite four her moves are powerful agains the pokemons leaders

Years
    Cyndaquil.

To be aware that unlike Gold, Silver, Crystal before...
    ANY starter this time will work. Chikorita is weaker to the common Poison opponents, sure, but with levelling against the common enough Goldeen/Geodudes Chiko can be 'used' to a limited point.

The Rollout from Cyndaquil made my game at certain points, even in the older days some ten years ago.

Agility had me love Totodiles again. As did the luck game surrounding Ice Fang. Must say that flinching AND freezing was quite strange an occurence when the Ice Fang would freeze on use to have the opponent then thaw to a flinch. Freaky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back