• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which starter will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 111 42.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 93 35.2%
  • Popplio

Votes: 60 22.7%

• Total voters

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
  • I'm torn. At first glance, Rowlet was the clear one because Litten was odd looking (those whiskers are such a turn off) with a horrible design and Popplio was just too silly.
    I usually make my decision after seeing the evolutions since the first stage (basic stage?) is the one they spent the least amount of time in.
    That said, if I get Sun and Litten evolves into a quadruped tiger. I think the matchup of training a kitten to that form throughout a journey and face against a Legendary lion would be epic. Definitely has a meaningful adventure type of feeling.
    Popplio might be the same for Moon depending on his design because that Legendary bat is quite scary and I would love to face it with a clown seal, match that dark monster of the night with a clown.
    Rowlet, as of right now, is my clear choice, though. On top of that, I always have a difficult time picking a flyer for each generation and having my starter be part flying would take that choice away. That thing is both adorable and cute (and I hate bowties).

Years
  • Just the fact that the seal pokemon that currently exist (Seel, Dewgong, Spheal, Sealeo, and Walrein) are all Water/Ice really turns me off to Popplio being the same. I feel like Water/Psychic could be possible with its clown theme and Mr. Mime being related to circus and what not. Obviously it's a long shot but maybe in a couple months I'll be linking people back to this post because I predicted it right!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Gonna wait before picking since in XY the cutest starter ended up with some weird 2nd evolution, Delphox is not as appealing as Fennekin and Braixen. And the less appealing starter had the most badass 2nd evo. Chesnaught looked weird.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Currently on team Popplio unless one of Litten's evolutions get leaked. I've picked water for almost every new batch of games so it's almost an obligation.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I'll go with grass. I want to be different this time around

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I'll probably choose Rowlet out of them but might go for Litten in my second play. The other one looks really ugly and unappealing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Litten is a baby grumpy cat pokemon.. so thats mine... unless rowlett gets a gryphon evolution

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I always end up choosing the grass type in my first gameplay.
    And now, I am even more excited! I LOVE Rowlet!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If Popplio is gonna end up part Ice you could potentially get an Ice type while you're still playing the first half of the game for the first time. (no one picked Amaura)

I picked Amaura...

I mean I didn't add him to my team but that's beside the point!

That makes me wonder with a region based on Hawaii how are they going to incorporate ice types into the region and not have it look completely ridiculous.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the possibility of Popplio becoming a Water/Fairy type. Considering we already have two clown-ish Pokemon that are part Fairy. (Snubbull and Mr. Mime)

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I'm really on the fence between Rowlet and Popplio. I like them both! I think I'll have to wait for their final evolutions to be revealed before I decide. I can totally see Rowlet evolving into a Griffin and Popplio maybe going the Samurott route.

Years
  • I'm really drawn to Litten's design and the idea of a fire cat, but Rowlet is just so adorable I don't know how I'm going to choose any other.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Litten because I like black cats. Since it looks like a tiger and will most likely evolve into one (carrying on the fire starter trend of being an animal in the Chinese zodiac), I think I'll nickname mine Taiga.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Upon seeing the starters, I immediately got a positive reaction for Rowlet. I haven't chose a grass starter for my first playthrough since gen 3. I generally like all 3, although Popplio I don't like as much as the other two. I had planned on staying away from spoilers til the games come out, but I may check to see if their evolutions leak soon and make a final decision.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I want to say the owl but last generation I was leaning towards Froakie and things just didn't end up turning out how I imagined (Greninja's tongue scarf kinda ruined it...). In gen 5 I also felt that what were an amazing set of starters at their first stage transformed into a pretty crappy set by their third stage. As a result I'm gonna be waiting until I see the final stages before I make a final decision, and I won't just be basing it on the visuals either. Even if the Water starter is extremely cool visually, if it's got a really generic movepool and boring stats then I won't be very excited about using it.

As long as there's even one starter I'm excited about using when we know everything about them then I'll be happy, but based on last generation I am a little bit pessimistic.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I knew I was gonna take the Grass starter even before they were revealed and I'm very pleased to be Team Rowlet.

After seeing them, my second choice is definitely Litten.

And you'd have to pay me to get me to start with the water one...

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Really have to see 2nd evos before I make my decision. I can imagine Litten turning into a Fire Jaguar which would be so cool.. Popplio is a water type and they always look the best to me.. Rowlet is a BOMBASS GRASS OWL.. I honestly love all three starters which is a first for me I have no idea how I am going to decide..

Back