• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I'll choose Cyndaquil just because I like it best. The whole evolution line.
    Ob the other hand I never chose Totodile before...but meh, I'll stick with Cyndaquil

Sigura

The biggest ****ing ***** here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    Cyndaquil. I always name it Barbecue too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Definately Chikorita on one of them.The other not so sure,it's a dead tie between the other two.

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Chickorita for me just so I can experience the nostalgia of having my first level 100 pokemon Meganium once again. T_T

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    i love totodile cuz feraligatr is a slick sob. but its gonna be tough cuz all three are great

its the first gen that gave me so much trouble deciding on who to choose

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Totodile.

It was my very first pokemon. Ever. It was my first choice back in the Second Generation. It also happened to be my first level 100 Pokemon as well. I would choose Totodile for nostalgic reasons.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    It is a very hard choice. Gold and Silver was the only generation where I like all 3 starters equally. If I had to pick one though, I'd probably say Cyndaquil since I have so many water pokemon I like, I'd prefer them over Toto.

dude2207

pokemon master man
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I always loved my Typhlosion. I mean, I believe all the Johto starters are pretty balanced, right? Cyndaquil has always been my favourite, and I'm kinda reluctant to let it evolve, actually. It's my favourite starter, so I'm definitely picking it when I start.

i had one in silver so cyndaquil

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Totodile for sure. My favorite starter ever. XD; I think it'd be cool if they let you get all three eventually, much like in Yellow. :D

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Cyndaquil; hands down!
    Out of all of the gen starters, Cyndaquil just managed to squeeze into my heart! xD Also, it was my first fire type that wasn't um, the right way of saying it -- society expected. I choose Cyndaquil because it appealed to me, not just because everyone else choose it.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I'm picking Totodile.
    I picked Totodile back in Silver so I'll pick it in Soul Silver too.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Totodile. I've always picked the water-type starter, in every game; always. :D
    (but occasionally when I restart the games I choose the grass-types~)

Back