• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    Knowing myself, I'd SAY Totodile, but pick Cyndaquil after all, because I just adore Fire Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It's a choice between Totodile and Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil was my starter on my first Silver game, so if I choose Cyndaquil, it'll help relive the experience from before. But Totodile is currently my favorite out of the three starters.

I'll probably just choose Cyndaquil on my SoulSilver game, and trade over a Totodile from my HeartGold. Just because I'll go with the Fire starter in the first place, as I tend to do.

Bay

Years
  • Most likely will go with Cyndaquil since he's my favorite starter when I played Gold. That, and also I was able to get through the gyms quicker with that little guy. XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Cyndaquil. Beating Morty with a Flame Wheel is one of my dear childhood memories, for strange it may sound, and I'd love to do it again XD

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I always get both games in the end anyway but i thought as if i was never going to get the other starters so i picked totodile.
    For me thought it will go
    Heart Gold Cydaquill
    Soul Silver Totodile

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    As always, I'm starting with my beloved Cyndaquil! <3

Also, Typlosion is FTW! XDDDD;

And because of the kinds of types the gyms have, Cyndaquil makes it easier for you! :D

Years
  • If Tododile's sprite is just as cute as the DPP one, probably that one. I love Chikorita w/ all my heart and Cyndaquil is amazing, but Tododile is the one that I have given the least attention to in the past. After seeing Chikorita following the main character, I'll probably end up getting both games so I can keep doing a new game in one of them. ^_^ The DPP sprite of Tododile is the cutest Tododile sprite I have ever seen compared to the original sprites of Tododile. (Besides, I already have Chikorita in Platinum. Its egg hatched on my birthday. ^_^)

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Chikorita, after G&S came out, I always liked Totodile but for the last year, I've enjoyed Chikorita more.

Nalu93

The Northern Wind
    Years
  • I'm getting Chikorita because I always used her,maybe Cyndaquil if I want to change

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • This would be a very hard decision for me to make... because I really liked the Johto Starters... but in the end, I will probably end up going with Totodile. Likewise with which game I'm going to buy, Totodile was the Starter I chose on the first Generation II game I had; Gold. So I think nostalgia reigns supreme for me, this year. XD

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Cyndaquil by far! I remember when I didn't know how to get to kanto way back then and I had a lvl 100 typhlosion from killing the E4 so much before I figured it out

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    cyndaquil!

always the fire starter... except the d/p then (the new dp pkmn don't look so good, especially... *shivers*)

only if one of the others would evolve into some dragon i'd reconsidder taking an other then the fire.. but they don't. *starts dreaming*

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • The only thing I hated about Gold/Silver was the starters. It's so hard to pick one because they're all so equally AMAZING! Seriously, Johto starters are the best out of ANY generation. But I think I'll choose Cyndaquil.

Back