• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am choosing Chikorita because my brother is choosing Cyndaquil and I like to take on higher advantage pokemon for some reason.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I am having a hard time choosing my starter now, Chikorita has such a cute new sprite in the game, but so does Cyndaquil. I'm sure I'll decide Cyndaquil by the end of it because I like fire types, but we'll see...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am also choosing Chikorita because of its cute sprite in the game. Also the sprite of where it is right next to you was pretty cool.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I am also choosing Chikorita because of its cute sprite in the game. Also the sprite of where it is right next to you was pretty cool.

A cool feature would be that if your Chiko is a Meganium, they should let you be able to ride it!

;o;

Poke-mounts!

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    Chika Chika Chika~ Chikorita is my absolute fave Johto starter, but I can't remember the last time I got one. I guess I'll be getting one in SoulSilver!

A cool feature would be that if your Chiko is a Meganium, they should let you be able to ride it!

;o;

Poke-mounts!

For the win! :D That'd be so cool.

Last edited:
    Years
    Chikorita. I have good memories of it from Silver version, and if I get both versions my second choice will be Cyndiquil. Why not Totodile? Because Water Pokemon have to many weaknesses, and I can't stand fighting an evil Chikorita(which my rival will have if I pick Totodile)>> A shame the Starter cloning glitch will no longer exist in this game, or I would have all three =3

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    cyndaquil fksthwrld!

he's friggin' awesome! i used to choose chikorita at first since i liked grass better than water or fire, but after picking cyndaquil for the hell of it.. he was just 2kool!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I also want to pick Chikorita because I love grass types. Chikorita has probably been one of my favorite grass type too along with its evolutions.

Years
    I'll decently choose Cyndaquil, because he's my fav out of the three Johto starters and I usually choose the fire-starter the only region I didn't was Hohen. I can't wait to see the little guy follow me around

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Although I chose Chikorita back in my silver , I will choose Cyndaquil this time . I Like Fire Type :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I've always started with the Fire type first, but GSC really had my all time favorite water type in Totodile. I think I'll try out Totodile first.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have adored Cyndaquil in the past but Chikorita just represents my love for grass type pokemon. I'll be choosing Chikorita again like I did in Silver, because I just adore it so much.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Although I voted for Cyndaquil in the poll, have one in my avy and [partly] in my username, I really don't know.

Totodile was the first I picked, for several restarts, but then I discovered 'the get all the starters without trading' glitch, where I discovered my love for Cyndaquil, who turned into the awesome Tyson the Typhlosion.

You know what, I'll probably trade and get all or Totodile + Cynda.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    ima fire type guy and will have to have that little guy cyndaquil following me around on my skateboard :D and i'll probably just get todadile and chikorita through a trade thats what i've been doing for all my games even my old silver

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was recently thinking of either getting Cyndaquil or Chikorita and I decided that I will go ahead and just pick Chikorita like the original plan was. I mean I like Cyndaquil and all, but I prefer grass types over fire types and Chikorita's sprite was pretty cool.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I remember choosing totodile in my Crystal version, amd I managed to beat most of the game with it alone, so the choice is at a standstill right now, even though Cyndaquil was my first choice.

Back