• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which trainer did you have the most trouble with?

Years
    With regard to gym leaders, I had the most trouble with the Thunder leader; his Electrodes kept using horrible moves like Light Screen and Double Team.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
    I cant beleive i got stuck on cianwood city Gym leader Chuck but his poliwrath was SOOOO anoying i could not beat it

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I haven't had any problems with trainers or leaders. I was always severely over-leveled, such as 45-47 with Claire for all six unevolved Pokemon, and even under the unevolved circumstance, I creamed everyone :s

I'm concerned for Kanto, though, since their levels do a 10-level jump. That's why I'm almost done grinding to 50 before doing the Elite Four, since their cap is 50, and it jumps to 55-65 in Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I am doing a starter solo run this game, which means I was planning not to use anything except my starter.
    I don't use healing items or anything else to help either, so it's even more tougher than a solo run.

Since my starter was Cyndaquil, I had a lot of trouble with Chuck's Poliwrath.
    But I had the most trouble with Clair, specially with her Kingdra who could ko my Typhlosion in one or two hits at max, specially since I wasn't using any item including healing items.
    That was so annoying that I decided to finally use my Red Gyarados too alongside Typhlosion. Gyarados finished Kingdra for me with Dragon Rage, and Typhlosion did the rest with relative ease.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    WOW. I BEAT IT.

Who's saying Lance is tough? Three Dragonites makes him so easy. They're all weak to the same thing and they all have the same stats. =|

I took out his Gyarados with something, then I swept his whole team with a Dragon Dance Gyarados and Ice Fang + Waterfall.

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
    Morty.

Oh sweet lord in Heaven, MORTY.

I had to retry 4 different times on him; all because his Gengars cheapassery wit Hypnosis and dream eater.

Last edited:

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    the FIRST time against my rival, A**Head. lol. he had chikorita, and i had my lvl 7 tododile. IT KEPT USING GROWL. FFS~ i did like one damage with scratch and 3 with water gun. Zoh My GoodNezz

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    It took me 2 hours to beat falkner, even with a geodude

other than that, no problems:)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I just beat the Elite Four, and my Dratini Level 55 pretty much OHKO'd everything on his team :s so I still haven't met a decent match of a trainer yet.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    Not any in particular YET, I beat all the gyms and am not even attempting the E4.

Maybe Whittey, Pidgiotto is weak against that rollout.

Never had trouble with my rival, as I had a really strong pidgiotto that just wooped all of his pokemon.

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
    Your Toughest Battle Up to Date?

Hey Everyone Let's Talk About our hardest fights , and how we managed to pull it off !

Mine is the Sprout Tower Elder , since I do monotype water run and I have a wooper ... it was pretty hard but i took out his 2 bellsprouts by surviving the first one's vine whip then using mud shot which slowed it and then mud shot again (this time I striked first) to finish it. The second one I did same thing but it used growth so it was easier. Hoot-Hoot Took about 5 minutes , he'd put me to sleep and i used water gun until i had 5 hp left then use potion and i got rid of it.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I think this thread's still active somewhere??

Anyway, for me it was Morty, my Poliwhirl, ending the battle at lv.30, only won through a Hypnosis+Rain Dance+Bubblebeam combination, and sacrificing Vui, my Eevee, who was meant to be staying alive for happiness points

Back