• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which version are you buying?

Which version are you buying?

• Omega Ruby!!!

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • Alpha Sapphire!!!

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • BOTH!!!

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • ...neither...

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm probably going to get both seeing as I usually do and these being my favorite games revamped I like have to lol. That being said I always get one before the other. This mainly comes down to version exclusives, though part of me is leaning towards sapphire because that is the third generation game I was given first, so in a way it would be nice to repeat that.

Really the only version exclusive Pokemon that's making this hard is Mawile. I really want to raise a Mawile on my first run of the game so that would force me to get Ruby. Though perhaps wonder trade may be available in this game or just gts early on? That would really be a lifesaver. Regardless of that I may just go with Sapphire and tweak the team from there if I really can't get Mawile early enough in game.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm getting Alpha Sapphire! Reason: I like Kyogre better than Groundon.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Im getting Omega Ruby because I like the version exclusives a bit better and groudon looks really nice this gen. I might pick up sapphire for christmas or something. For now I'm content with just omega ruby. And its kind of too late because I just preordered it lol.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Alpha Sapphire for me since I like blue and Kyogre but I may get Omega Ruby at another time just to have a game to replay the story :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have both versions pre-ordered, and I'm gonna buy a third one to give to a friend. I've had a hard time deciding what versions I wanna get, and it's 3rd gen...I haven't played much of it when I was younger, so I'm better off getting both versions to obtain twice the incredible experience.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I believe I'm getting Omega Ruby, just because the first ever version I got was Sapphire and it'll be nice to experience the other side. My brother will be getting Alpha Sapphire so I'm not worried about version exclusives.

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    I was always set on buying ΩR since Ruby was the game I got first time around.
    I never bothered to look for version differences (still haven't) but that just means I get to connect with many other players with the opposite version!

Like 6th gen I won't be getting both games.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I preordered Alpha Sapphire months ago and my husband preordered Omega Ruby. We'll probably end up doing what we did with X & Y and both end up getting both games after we play through our first ones.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I'm getting Ruby for sure, mainly for Groudon. I never really played 3rd or 4th gen, so there's no sense of nostalgia behind my decision like most of you guys have mentioned, lol. Either way it's a whole new experience for me! :P

Buuuttt.. I might pick up Sapphire, too, at some point.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Alpha Sapphire. It was chosen between which legendary I loved the most. Also, due to the fact that there is a high probability of there not being a 3rd Version. Since I like Kyogre better, im pretty much going with Alpha Sapphire

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'll be getting both of them at christmas. Not a great time to be getting them on the release date (why do we get things 1 week after everyone else?)

Rocka210

The Code Never Bothered Me Anyway
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 29, 2015
    I'm getting OmegaRuby because I had Ruby back in the day :D

Back