• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest gym to beat?

Hardest gym to beat?

• Total voters

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Grass Type Gym, Gardenia was so hard to beat since I started with Piplup which is the advantage of grass types, so I'd capture other Pokemon and trained it and battle it against Gardenia's Gym. It took me a long time, though it was worth it.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
  • hardest gym was the 7th

I spend 4 days trying 2 beat candice and all the other took 10 mins but i did do gyms and leuge in 10 days i'm tring not to be mean or anything ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    mine was the ice type gym because i had empoleon and abomasnow was hard cause of woodhammer. I didnt have a hard time with the fighting gym like most cause i sortof did it wrong i went and did the pastoria gym first because i didnt know what the order of the gyms were so by the time i got to the fighting gym i already had a level 40 empoleon

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
  • Gardenia gave me trouble I dont like the starly line simply becasue I dont want to have the same pokemon as rival and I didnt have a chimchar. Roserade at the second gym seems a bit extrme but that said her other pokemon are lame

GrazingCrow

Scholar of Flames
    Years
  • It was Ice for me. I powered level my Torterra. By the time I had the first badge, my Grotle was level 22 and by the time I received the second badge, I had a Torterra. So everything was a breeze for me.. Until I fought Candice's Froslass.. lol. I mean, I still crushed the Gym with my level 70+ Torterra, but because I toyed around with her and missed my Leaf Storm, she froze my Torterra with Blizzard.. <3 Torterra. ;)

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • The fighting one... My crobat was killing everything that was sent out until lucario arrived...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well for me, on Pearl, none of the gym leaders were difficult to beat, but beating Byron at Canalave took a little more work than with the others. Also navigating through the gym took me a minute, adding to the overall difficulty I suppose.

pockeyfox

Grand Trainer
    Years
  • I think I will have to go with the ever annoying Fighting gym. Oh how it taunts me when I forget to bring a flying type with me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    The hardest gym to beat was probably the fighting gym, didn't really have a good team to beat them all, but for god sake, I defeated them..

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I say it was the grass one because if you pick plipup not a lot of pokemon at the beggining of the game are good against grass

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • The water gym, my team consists of what water types are strong at which makes the situation pretty hard but I manage to pass through it and got the badge.

Years
    • Age 26
    • U.S.
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    For me it was the steel gym. even though I had torterra and earthquake his bastiodons huge defenses kept making the damage somewhere from 1/4 to 1/3 and then it would just use rest and keep battering me anyway I finally ran out of super potions so I just soft reset and tried again. After that I realized empoleon was my option of choice so I restarted the game and proceeded to win from then on.

Togakiss

Stay calm and collective.
    Years
  • Ghost gym, hands down.

Fantina use to always beat me no matter how hard I trained. I honestly believe that it was pure luck when I defeated her Mismagius.

Back