• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which web browser do you use and why?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Chrome. The reason is because others are too slow, or I don't like them. Firefox on the other hand flatly refuses to work. I fucked it up somehow, and now it won't even respond to being reinstalled or anything. :c

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Firefox masterrace. I have my basic setup with all the addons I need, combined with a good searching engine. I never ran into any trouble using it, so I really have to wonder what you people did in order to make it work so terribly. {XD}

Years
  • I use Chrome on my desktop, because it can store all of my bookmarks, history, favorites, and even background within my Gmail, making it easily transferable; also, I can access any Google-based program from the New Tab page, which is handy since I use an Android. It's pleasantly fast to reach new pages and search and I prefer its setup over Internet's. On my laptop, I decided to give Microsoft Edge a try, and it's actually very fast to start up and reach other pages.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • I use Chrome, and Chrome only. Chrome is love, Chrome is life. (I know that was like 2 years ago, get off my case :3) The only reason I use it is because Chroke just happened to be the first web browser I came across. It works perfectly for me, so I stuck with it.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Firefox. Despite the outrageous blue screen whenever I moved my laptop around and often hangs while the loading flash elements. I mean, Chrome would effing load flash instantly and firefox just hangs in there. But I primarily use this to enjoy unity games because chrome dumped unity for some reason.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Firefox never gives me any trouble and it's pretty much the fastest web browser out at the moment :P I honestly don't know what you could've done to mess it up so much short of messing with it's source code xD

I admit Microsoft Edge is slightly faster and smoother, not to mention cleaner and easier to use than most other browsers but the lack of add-ons means it's lost a user in me xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I used to use Opera a few years back because I loved the GUI as well as the rest of its features, but it started getting worse and worse over time (in terms of crashing, refusing to load, etc.) so I ended up converting to Firefox. I can confidently say that I'm pretty happy with Firefox, even if it doesn't have a few of the things that Opera had. :)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Chrome, because:
    -it can handle my habit of having 50+ tabs open at once
    -best Javascript support
    -Google integration
    -sane

Years
  • For whatever reason, I've always found Firefox to be quicker than Chrome, so I switched over to it about 3 years ago and haven't looked back. And even though I know you can turn it off now (and it wouldn't even surprise me if Firefox does something similar), but the whole automatic tracking thing turned me off of Chrome too, which make me reluctant to even use it as a back-up browser for a while.

Years
  • I use Google Chrome. Reliable and has acceptable speed, plus I tend to trust stuff run by Google anyway given how used to their many sites I am.

Years
  • Firefox is my preferred choice. I vastly prefer its interface, its customization, and its performance. 50+ tabs is not much of a problem for it, and there's a plugin I can use to reset the browser while keeping my sessions if a memory leak strikes. That and it's not as widely used as IE or Chrome, which make those browsers bigger targets for malware (though if that were an extremely huge concern, I'd be using Opera instead, since Firefox isn't far behind IE and Chrome in usage).

Though on weaker machines I use Chrome since Chrome has less initial overhead on the system (it's just as prone to memory leaks as Firefox in my own experiences, though).

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Lately I've been using both Firefox and Google Chrome at the same time, since both of them are good in their own way. Firefox sure have more customization add-ons, while Chrome has separate tasks on each tab which makes it handy as well.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I use chrome since I started using it during the days Chrome was faster than Firefox. And simply stuck with it. And I use it on my phone too and it synchronizes my bookmarks and stuff with my gmail account which is pretty damn convenient for an android user.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2015
    Safari on a Mac and Chrome on a PC. Firefox seemed clunky a while ago, not that much anymore...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've been using Firefox for the past month, but It was a huge memory hog and it didn't play well with the 960 in by desktop so I'm back at Chrome. The issue that uBlock had with it (whenever I would use snap tiles in Windows 10, the browser window would become unresponsive) seems to be fixed, and It's overall a nicer experience than I remember.

Back