• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whick game takes the longest to complete?

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Which Pokemon game is longest in duration? Takes the longest to complete?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    GSC is deceptively short. Without any training, my team was only lvl 30-35 before the E4. Good tactics got me through, and Kanto took like 45 minutes. You can even sweep Red with a good level 50 or so with some X items.

That said, I do expect that GSC is the longest of the series, without having played any of Gen IV. HGSS will probably be longer, due to hopefully not having nuked-out Kanto.

Years
  • DDPt. My first playthrough on Pearl took me over 50 hours to beat the Elite 4.
    Nowadays, DPPt playthroughs take me 20-30 hours while in other games the maximum is about 15-20 hours, average is 10. Of course it mostly becomes more because I play at higher speed

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • FR/LG, so much grinding and all that Sevii island crap after wards. Not to mention having to catch 60 Pokemon for the National Dex and going back and forth between islands.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    So far, my Pearl file has officially gone through the roof with about 33 hours, and I just beat Palkia. The game just feels slow in general.

Same with FireRed. It really got dull and slow and then you had to catch 60 Pokemon which is annoying for people like me who don't care about collection/catching and then you had that annoying Sevii Islands stuff and then... yeah.

The Red Chain

It has the longest National Dex so far, so if you plan to complete the game
    100% it'll take quite a long time. x__x;
    I believe it took me 4 months or so to complete those whopping 493 dex entries.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Wth were you doing in the game to take 99 hours to get there and how over leveled were you?

Training my groudon, I wanted a walerin before I challaged the league, getting my Raichu, Septile, kadabra, flygon and Marcargo to lv. 60...

and The regi puzzle took a couple of hours as well...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Training my groudon, I wanted a walerin before I challaged the league, getting my Raichu, Septile, kadabra, flygon and Marcargo to lv. 60...

and The regi puzzle took a couple of hours as well...

OMG lvl 60, I had a team of 3 Pokemon my first time through all at lvl 47-49.

You grind too much, my starter wasn't lvl 60 till my 5th time going through the E4.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I'd have to say that normally beating the E4/Main Boss, Colosseum is the hardest. In the main series there's a much larger diversity in pokemon. In Colosseum there's only a maximum of what, 50 pokemon? (48 snagged, 1 Duking's Plusle, 1 Ho-Oh) Some of them aren't even decent.

DPPt is also pretty hard because of the high leveled E4 and no place to effectively grind.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you're going for 100%, then I'd say HGSS. There's a buttload of crap to do in that game. Legendaries, Kanto, gym rematches, trading, etc. But I am talking about trying to completely complete the game. Just beating the game though, HGSS and GSC still take the cake.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • For me it would be crystal
    going over 2 maps is awsome and more fun
    and i liked how you got to go explore the map on your own early in the game
    its just fun

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    Pokemon Silver, if I recall correctly, took the longest for me because it spanned two regions. You had to collect 16 badges in that version.

Back