• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Cuter ? Dawn Vs Serena !

Who's prettier ?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Dawn look prettier specially in her ponytail

tumblr_o0kszd6pEa1t2l5yfo2_400.jpg

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
I would say that Dawn is better looking than Serena. There's nothing wrong with her at all. Both of them are actually pretty close but Dawn is the one I pick.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I would say that Dawn is better looking than Serena. There's nothing wrong with her at all. Both of them are actually pretty close but Dawn is the one I pick.

Thing is , Dawn's beauty comes from her Body and Personality.
But , Serena's beauty only came from Body which is lost after cutting her hair.
That why , Y-Chan (PokeSpe) look so much cuter and hotter then Serena even though they were based on the same person.
Truth is , Serena look cuter when she's aggressive like Misty! But the anime made Serena too sweet so she can't show her true beauty.

Concussion

And so the great question endures. Who is cuter, Hikari or Serena? The answer is: Eureka! It's always Eureka!
tumblr_n44sqdHTkT1s3at53o6_500.jpg

Image from soveryanon.tumblr.com

In all seriousness, though, I do think Eureka is the cutest. The older girls just can't compete with a girl made for cuteness.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
No, she didn't. On the contrary, she got much prettier now. She even beat May IMO, which was the prettiest Ash's companion until Serena cut her hair. Dawn, on the other hand, is second ugliest after Iris in my personal list, sorry to all Dawn fans, but I simply have no love for Anime characters with unnatural hair colour. And her cut was disgusting for me too. I only liked her look a little when she had her hair free, which was unfortunately very rare, or her halarious Dee-Dee look, but she did not keep that, unfortunately. That's my opinion on those two.

Personality-wise, I think Misty and May worked best for their particular sagas. Misty was there to try and tame Ash, something that was not really needed that much in Johto (which is, IMO, also why Iris failed, even though they tried to dumb Ash down in BW). So they came with May, even worst rookie than Ash was in the beginning, to show how Ash progressed already. Dawn brought nothing new to the show, she was yet another Coordinator with already established goal, skilled similarly to Ash at that point of the show, which was quite strange for a rookie and did not help with her character development either. Serena, on the other hand, came to the show as someone, who only went to Pokémon Journey to meet Ash and get rid of the harsh Rhyhorn racing training her mother forced on her. Thanks to that, she got a lot of character development. I only hope she will continue with that development and they will not stall her as they did with May after she got her goal and Dawn after she got over her initial loses.
But I still think the best romantic interest for Ash is Gary :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
No, she didn't. On the contrary, she got much prettier now. She even beat May IMO, which was the prettiest Ash's companion until Serena cut her hair. :P

Oh please , May is still 100 time more prettier then Serena .
Truth is , Serena look nowhere near as cute as May after she cut her hair .
Currently , Even Misty is more prettier then Serena.
The Only girl who could match May in Beauty is Dawn!
Unless Rosa appear in Anime who happen to be prettiest of all Main girl of Pokemon Game.

My guess that you never watched DP series at all ! Because Dawn was the only girl who was treated like Ash's partner.
Both in TV Series and Movies where She & Ash work side by side to save the world.
She even helped Ash train and come up with new ideas for gym-battle.
Her problem was different then May! She was somewhat Overconfident and straight forward which resulted 3 loss in a raw until she work hard to improve herself.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I will not comment on that look as that is quite personal. You stated your opinion, I stated mine, case closed for me. Repeating our opinions will not make them facts. It will only fuel unnecessary flame.

I will, however, comment on your second paragraph. Of course I watched DP and yes, I am aware the writers made Dawn second main character. In Japanese, they even added her name next to Ash's in that text intro in openings. And yes, in the series, she worked side by side with Ash, getting significant role. And that was her biggest participation to the show and one thing I value about her. The same, however, is not true for movies, as the only one she got chance to save world was the first DP movie, after that, it was back to Ash being the only hero saving the day either himself or with movie character. Dawn, unfortunately, was no more useful then Brock in movies other then her first one.
However, to these days I still think this role could easily be taken by May. Creating new Coordinator to go with Ash, most likely only to promote main game character, was unnecessary and uncalled for. And that's what bothers me about Dawn, skilled Coordinator who took over a role already taken by other main character in the show. That did not really happened in the show before and even after (though some may argue that Cilan and Clemont took over the role of Brock, but they still had their own unique goals and reasons to follow Ash and the same goes for Bonnie, who is more than just recycled Max). And that, unfortunately lessen Dawn in my eyes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 1, 2020
I think Serena because it's obvious that she has a crush on Ash and she looks pretty. The short hair did really suit Serena and her look stronger. But I don't her hair style when she got into Clemont's invention destroyed's radius.

I also like Dawn and her complaints are a bit funny but her voice is also good.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can't remember if I reposted here, but I originally thought Serena was, but now I am very torn between both of them. After going bath to re watch some of Sinnoh, Dawn had that playfulness to her that I thought Serena would have after seeing her being woke up by Fletchling.

Years
Can't remember if I reposted here, but I originally thought Serena was, but now I am very torn between both of them. After going bath to re watch some of Sinnoh, Dawn had that playfulness to her that I thought Serena would have after seeing her being woke up by Fletchling.
This isn't half the most religious thread on this forum, huh.

I guess that you could go with Serena, as they were a little late? This kind of has a decent synergy with XY104, where Serena goes around seeing people whom she hopes would be dignified and warm, but then is taught how to cry, which to get back to the point does imply that Serena does tend to be a character plunged into fairly serious plot points even about tangential issues, and as such might come across as less playful. They deal with trivialities as if they were grave matters, via artificial glorification. I'm not sure how this relates to Ariana, but I guess she might be right about something. You wonder if Dawn wasn't somewhat distanced from any overall themes in the anime, and hence a bit frivolous, though, in which sense they would be 'cute' in a slightly diminutive sense.

Years
For me it's Dawn and one of the most cuter rivals in the whole series more than Misty,May,Serena e.t.c first of all she has a baby face the others are more mature looking so for dawn you can say that she is like a little giggling girl while the others are becoming bigger girls lol. I also don't like as personal opinions girls with pigtails often so that attracts me more to dawn rather to serena. To sum up, i won't compare in terms of training and stuff since i haven't seen many anime pokemon gen 6 episodes.

P.S I have found also this who shows something http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/pokemon/picks/results/1264921/dawn-serena hope it contains some useful stuff about this thread lol

Melody

Banned
Years
While I do agree that Dawn is really cute and girly; I think that doesn't automatically qualify her for being "The Cutest". There's a lot of really cute things you notice about Serena if you just listen and watch her closely. Because Serena is a lot more of a shy girl than Dawn is; and she is easily overshadowed by the cute little Bonnie who is a lot more hyperactive and energetic because she is younger. I also feel like Clemont himself even overshadows Serena a little bit; so in the earlier episodes it seems like that's not a problem with the writing...more that it's just that Serena hasn't yet found her courage. But I do think that she is gaining it.

I do think that Serena is a lot more subtle, but it's pretty obvious she's falling deeply in love with Ash. Doesn't matter if he's oblivious as hell to it; she's a shy girl anyways and her confessing her feelings to him is probably going to be most secondary in her mind to anything else going on; not only because that's not what the show aims to be about, but because she herself isn't always sure of herself. So honestly I don't see it. Dawn was cute yes; but being bubbly and energetic isn't always the definition of cute. With Serena you see that you can be cute, and quiet. That's actually a pretty powerful message in my opinion, and I think it adds a lot more depth to her character too. With Serena, the focus doesn't need to be on her front and center in the show. Rather the focus goes to the other travelling companions who are probably more dynamic than Serena is. I don't think that even Bonnie and Clemont will stay in the group forever. (Don't correct me if I'm wrong; as I'm only up to about XY34 right now on Netflix)

I still believe that there's a lot for Serena yet to grow into. I'd like to see her get more confident and tell Ash directly how she feels. Because seriously, Ash is sharp as a crayon; he's not gonna know until you tell him directly. Besides; Ash does have a strong bond with Pikachu and a goal in mind so I do know where that might go...not so well for Serena's wishes unless she decides to be the gentle wife type and stick it out with him forever. I guess that depends on how deeply she feels for him and if anything else captivates her heart.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
While I do agree that Dawn is really cute and girly; I think that doesn't automatically qualify her for being "The Cutest". There's a lot of really cute things you notice about Serena if you just listen and watch her closely. Because Serena is a lot more of a shy girl than Dawn is; and she is easily overshadowed by the cute little Bonnie who is a lot more hyperactive and energetic because she is younger. I also feel like Clemont himself even overshadows Serena a little bit; so in the earlier episodes it seems like that's not a problem with the writing...more that it's just that Serena hasn't yet found her courage. But I do think that she is gaining it.

I do think that Serena is a lot more subtle, but it's pretty obvious she's falling deeply in love with Ash. Doesn't matter if he's oblivious as hell to it; she's a shy girl anyways and her confessing her feelings to him is probably going to be most secondary in her mind to anything else going on; not only because that's not what the show aims to be about, but because she herself isn't always sure of herself. So honestly I don't see it. Dawn was cute yes; but being bubbly and energetic isn't always the definition of cute. With Serena you see that you can be cute, and quiet. That's actually a pretty powerful message in my opinion, and I think it adds a lot more depth to her character too. With Serena, the focus doesn't need to be on her front and center in the show. Rather the focus goes to the other travelling companions who are probably more dynamic than Serena is. I don't think that even Bonnie and Clemont will stay in the group forever. (Don't correct me if I'm wrong; as I'm only up to about XY34 right now on Netflix)

I think if Pokemon was a mature Shoujo love story with Serena as protagonist then her personality would have work out.
But Pokemon is Kids battle Anime with Ash as the main character so Serena's personality doesn't really work out here.
This entire thing about Serena deeply falling in love and confessing seem like a thing for some high school drama.
After all , Ash & Serena are just 10 year old so their are too young for confessing , dating and any other serious relationship stuff.
In this age , Kids develop crush on others but doesn't really go for an serious relationship.

Romance in Kids anime has to more dynamic , funny.
For example , I'm an Advanceshipper So I want May developing feeling for Ash but she herself haven't realized it yet so she subconsciously leak her feeling. The Anime simply focus on May slowly realizing her own feeling and come to accept it .
Suppose , May gets frustrated by other girls approaching Ash but she can't understand her reason for that frustration.
Its the same thing I want for Ash as well if he too develop feeling for May.
To be precise , I believe that This is what Original Writers intended for Ash & Misty.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 21, 2019
Ok, So I don't think most people who say "serena is cuter so i pick her" understand the question. It is not asking who is cuter, the question is who is better. Serena is cute, I agree on that but when you look at the character and interaction with ash, I would definitely go for Dawn. She is the best among the two.

Back