• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    Diamond - Turtwig.
    Platinum - Piplup.

Torterra is freaking beautiful, but I didn't need two. I might start Diamond over and choose Chimchar, just to raise all three. (I like to do that >.>)

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Diamond - Turtwig, because Grass kicks ass hardy har har i r witty man
    Platinum - Chimchar the first time, because fire starters are all game's easy buttons I hate Piplup because it's annoying as frack in the anime.
    - Piplup the second time, because I wanted to try it out. Empoleon's a cool guy, but Piplup's still annoying. :|

I lol @ people who think Infernape is fail. It's the best final evolution for a Fire starter since it actually has a good movepool, which is more than I can say for Typhlosion.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Turtwig. Everyone I knew chose Piplup and my sister wanted Chimchar. It didn't really bother me though. Starters have gone way downhill IMO. My favourites are in this order:
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Bulbasaur
    Mudkip
    Cyndaquil
    Chikorita
    Treecko
    Totodile
    Turtwig
    Piplup
    Chimchar
    Torchic

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • I chose Chimchar, basically because he's a Fire-type and extremely powerful when he gets to Infernape. (I wiped out my opponent's whole team just with my Infernape when I was running it solo.)

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • A turtwig that I traded for a Tropius. There was no other way to get a Tropius in Pearl and it seemed like an interesting Pokemon to use as a starter.
    It's still with me and at level 100 now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Haven't played yet, but I'll go for the fire one. They always do well as starters... :)

Which is because I'm getting Platinum for Christmas... Can't wait!!!

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • On Platinum I choose Chimchar. I don't know it was just the one I wanted I guess. Diamond I choose Turtwig.

I did the same thing. Except I chose Chimchar on Pearl, because its a fire type and I like fire types. And Turtwig on Platinum. I don't know why I did it.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Diamond/Pearl - Piplup, no reason though. Chimchar doesn't interests me very much and I never use Grass-type starters.
    Platinum - Chimchar. Contradicts what I said above, this time using Chimchar interests me.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • I chose Turtwig for all three (D/P/Pt) because he is so cute!
    Though in Pearl, my friend restarted his game,and let us all have the three Sinnoh starters. So I did like using Infernape,but the way Chimchar seemingly copied Charmander...meh...
    I've got multiple favorite types for a region,but for this Generation,I only liked Turtwig,and his evolution line.

Ayselipera

I picked Turtwig. Chimchar was annoying to look at and Piplup was just mehh...

It was the first time I didn't pick a fire starter. It was saddening. :(

Back