• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

MarthVBA

FC:1033-2533-3925 [ Platinum ]
Years
  • turtwig:because he is better than empoleon and infernape.becasue he is grass/ground and he can use EQ and finish them both in 1 shot.but thats not only reason.i like him =3

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
  • Well, when I first got the game I chose Piplup, cause I thought Turtwig and Chimchar were ugly. xD
    But then I got Pearl, and then eventually Platinum, so on each of the games I have each of the starters. 8D

salot

Gomu Gomu no Jet Pistol(K.O)
    Years
  • the fire one chimchar(btw i dont like these 3 starters the worst starters ever in pokemon for me )

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    I chose chimchar because his evolved form infernape looks like the monkey king character from Journey to the west (?), and because I like fire types in general.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • My first playthrough was with Chimchar.
    This time, it's with Turtwig-- he's already a Torterra, and maaaan do I love him the most out of the starters and all their evolved forms~!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2012
    I chose Piplup, because water and ice Pokemon are my favorite! =D

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Emerald: Mudkip because Swampert only has one weakness.
    Diamond: Piplup because I like Steel-types (Empoleon is WTR/STL).
    Platinum: Turtwig because I had already picked Piplup in Diamond and Chimchar is WAY too overused.
    When I get SoulSilver, I will pick Chikorita. For some odd reason I think Meganium is cool.

Years
  • Piplup rules...

Piplup is the best starter to choose, because of its strong attack power, and the fact that it is Water type. This makes the first gym battle extremely easy, while with Chimchar, you would struggle. Although some say that that is for noobs, it is not. This lets you hit the ground running, starting off your adventure in the world of Pokemon smoothly. Wether you are a weathered Pokemon fan like me, or just starting playing with D/P and Pl, Piplup is the only starter to choose.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I chose Piplup, which is odd, I guess. I almost always pick the Fire types and I usually hate the Water types. I just didn't feel Chimchar, I guess. Not into its design. I'm only just starting to "somewhat" like Infernape. Something about its sprite still irks me, though.

Empoleon is pretty awesome, though. I mean, it's a penguin. Penguins are awesome. And it's a Steel type. I learned how awesome Steel types are in my Pearl playthrough. Hooray for abusing the word "awesome."

Back